PDA

View Full Version : Repost Guillemot

John Robinson
11-15-2015, 09:22 PM
This is a repost of the previous shot. I have spent a lo of time re building the left side which was obliterated by woodwork. Its a bout the only shot I got
The birds have not been touched.
Thanks for looking
JohnR

Marina Scarr
11-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Had to go back to your previous post to see the difference. This image is SO much better. You truly did a great job. I wouldn't have noticed the work. You did a great job getting both birds sharp and your exposure is spot on.

Stu Bowie
11-16-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi John, I like how both birds are looking in opposite directions, and well done on the exposure.

John Robinson
11-16-2015, 06:13 AM
Thanks both. I wouldn,t have bothered but it was the only shot with the birds decent. I thought it was worth doing a bit of "art" work !!
Thanks again.

David Cowling
11-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Didn't catch your first post John. Nice image of the birds and a great job on the reconstruction of the woodwork.

John Robinson
11-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Didn't catch your first post John. Nice image of the birds and a great job on the reconstruction of the woodwork.

Thanks David- certainly taxed my abilities with the old Paint Shop pro !!
John

Arthur Morris
11-16-2015, 08:59 AM
The birds look great. I can only assume that you could not have gotten any lower.... Doing so would have solved many problems. a

John Robinson
11-16-2015, 09:04 AM
The birds look great. I can only assume that you could not have gotten any lower.... Doing so would have solved many problems. a

No I couldn't Arthur- Balancing on a rotten wooden jetty was bad enough as it was. Thinking further along te lines you suggest I suppose a lower angle would have blocked some of the back bird
Cheers
John

William Dickson
11-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Well done John. I like the pose on the birds, and you controlled the blacks. I have still to get a decent photograph of this lovely bird. Where was this. :w3

Will

John Robinson
11-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Thanks Will
On the wooden jetty at Corran ferry-Western side of Loch
John