PDA

View Full Version : Theme: American Pastoral

Wendy Kates
11-12-2015, 09:39 PM
I applied Silver Efex Pro, Antique Plate 2 to this image of a farm in upstate NY. I tried to achieve a faded out, vintage look without reducing contrast too much...I'm finding that a challenge!

Dennis Bishop
11-12-2015, 10:05 PM
I think you achieved a nice vintage look with an overall good level of contrast. I like the scene, too, with the angles of the road and that darker line converging at the buildings. Those lines nicely set up the buildings to be an area of interest within the image. I'd suggest taking advantage of that by boosting the contrast of the silo, barns, and some of the other buildings. It was good to include that field of grain. It makes a nice foreground with a different texture and adds another element to the topography there.

Nancy Bell
11-13-2015, 10:13 AM
This works well. I like the darker center and that it fades towards the edges, putting the focus on the farm buildings. I think the cows in the field show this is still a working farm, implying generations of farming here. Just thinking about that trailer in the image and wonder if it would be easy to clone that away. Or maybe it just is not work the trouble.

Judy Howle
11-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I like the composition and the tones look good to me. I would probably clone/heal the trailer as Nancy suggested, if it's not too much trouble...