PDA

View Full Version : I īll get you

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi folks , i move for a seal break to Africa .
Got this two elephants chasing each other in Etosha at a waterhole close to Namoutoni camp .
Late golden light and the kicked up dust make this work for me , i also like the offset bigger bull putting pressure on the smaller guy in front .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Bean bag

F 8 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/800 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for the square format .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
11-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Nicely does it Andreas, I wonder if this would also lend itself to B/W???

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Thanks Steve , after i finished and saved it , the image was still on the screen ............ i left the room for a while and when i came back i also had the B/W vision .......

Thanks again , cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
11-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi Andreas - I'm curious what you think the issue/negative is with the image?

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Hi Rachel ........ no issue for me , why do you ask ? Or how do you get the idea that i have negative thoughts about it ?

Rachel Hollander
11-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Because you used the Theme Prefix and this month's theme is images that have a minor flaw but you kept because of the moment:

We're also happy to announce that the November Theme will be "Moments." For this theme we're not worried about the techs but purely the subject matter. Images must still be in focus (or purposely blurred) and properly exposed but for some reason you haven't posted the image due to a minor flaw e.g. the dof was not what you wanted, there's a distracting element, an ill placed blade of grass, a branch intersecting the head, you clipped the ear, or some other minor flaw that you know the eagle eyed BPNers would point out but that your non-photographer friends would never notice.

Nancy Bell
11-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Love the cloud of golden dust! Also that one raised foot that catches my eye and leads me into the image. Great to also see the raised trunk of the 2nd ellie, showing a bit of attitude along with those ears.

Andreas Liedmann
11-12-2015, 01:54 AM
Rachel - oops i think i should have read the intro better for this theme :bg3:.
So please remove the prefix for me , as it does not really qualify :wave:.

Will look for flaws in my images ..... and come back

Thanks Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Hi Andreas, very nice action-packed image with super light. Love the pose and the trailing ele at the back.

Rachel Hollander
11-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Hi Andreas - No problem, done. As you can probably tell I didn't think there was a flaw either. Great light and tones. The walking pose and dust really take this to another level. Well done!

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
11-12-2015, 09:37 AM
WOW Andreas , this is a special image . lovely golden colours and the that elephant emerging from the dust looks spectacular , i immensely liked this image !

TFS !

Andre Pretorius
11-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Hi Andreas

Love the warm tones, comp, dust, light, bully behind and foot up!

Looks like the little one want to flatten that piece of dung...

Would like to see conversion, how you handled/ kept the same tones as in colour version.

Good one, Buthi!:cheers:

Gabriela Plesea
11-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Awesome, Andreas! Pure gold, Boetie:)

Superb colours and I like the composition, love the "action" from the ellie and the cloud of dust.

Wonderful work, so well presented, what a pleasure to view:cheers:

Warmest regards,

Andreas Liedmann
11-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Thanks folks so much for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas