PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Janet's Hat

Anita Bower
11-11-2015, 06:46 AM
My husband's aunt's hat.

Topaz Adjust and Texture "Turtle" http://www.bellefleurtextures.com/.

Hazel Grant
11-11-2015, 09:31 AM
what great texture contrasts : the hat and the vertical wood. Nice.

Nancy Bell
11-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Anita, this has tons of emotion...! Love how the simple repeating elements of the types of hooks and the vertical lines on the wall support the strong image and details of that single hat. So well seen and processed!

Wendy Kates
11-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Anita, I totally agree with all of the comments by Hazel and Nancy: the image is so simple, yet so evocative. Really well-processed.

Judy Howle
11-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Wonderful, simple composition and the color of the hat and pegs really works well with the white wall. Nicely processed!

Anita Bower
11-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Thank you four wonderful women for commenting.

Dennis Bishop
11-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Outstanding! I'm not sure if I like it more because of what's there or because of your composition and processing. Probably, it's a great deal of both. The placement of the hat in the image; the color and tonal contrasts set up by the wall, the hat, the hooks, and the pegs; the angles of the shaker-type pegboard and the board with the hooks in contrast to the verticals . . . It all works beautifully.

Anita Bower
11-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Outstanding! I'm not sure if I like it more because of what's there or because of your composition and processing. Probably, it's a great deal of both. The placement of the hat in the image; the color and tonal contrasts set up by the wall, the hat, the hooks, and the pegs; the angles of the shaker-type pegboard and the board with the hooks in contrast to the verticals . . . It all works beautifully.
Thank you, Dennis. I'm delighted you like it.
The hat was on the peg as we see it. I was taking photos of the interior of the house after my husband's aunt died, at age 98. This hat had been left.

gary ellwein
11-13-2015, 07:08 PM
This one caught me immediately. The simplicity of the image is wonderful. I like the position, shape, color and texture of the hat. The delicate vertical lines contrast with stronger horizontal lines of the peg and hook board. Tones in the hat are reflected in the pegs and hooks.

Anita Bower
11-14-2015, 05:16 AM
This one caught me immediately. The simplicity of the image is wonderful. I like the position, shape, color and texture of the hat. The delicate vertical lines contrast with stronger horizontal lines of the peg and hook board. Tones in the hat are reflected in the pegs and hooks.
Thank you for your comments, Gary.