PDA

View Full Version : The Power Behind Me

Andre Pretorius
11-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Loved this image for the dark force behind this young bull approaching us...

The mild mannered young bull had this dark ghost behind him, urging him on by this dark force from behind- a force stronger than him; bringing the clouding darkness...

Wanted to portray more emotion than IQ in this image. (had side light to deal with..)

Was listening to AC/DC Thunderstruck while processing, felt very relevant...

Techs:
Nikon D3S with 500f4
1/1000 @ f5,6
ISO 2200

WDYT?

Rachel Hollander
11-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Hi Andre - I think you accomplished your vision here. There is definitely a feeling of power coming through. I like the image design with the additional buffalo in the bg and the two walking in line. Nice eye contact and placement in frame too.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
11-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Hi Andre, would echo Rachel's thoughts here, I also like the way you have processed the image, with quite a strong colour palette. Personally I would like to have had the RH Buff out of view, or if you have another frame with him looking to you as this would echo the main subjects. I might suggest running a little NR just at the top and then blending it off, may help that top inch?

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
11-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Thank you Steve and Rachel!

Steve, is this what you had in mind?

Andreas Liedmann
11-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Hi Andre you did well with your vision and your " Thunderstruck" .
Well handled contrast and tone under the given circumstances .
I like the little line up of the two bulls and the BG does not bother me , nice clarity in the front bulls face !!!
Well framed and a decent color palette , but i think you might ton down the creeping blues a fraction , but no big deal as they are only subtle to see .

Nicely seen in the field and well processed at home .

TFS your Buthi

Steve Kaluski
11-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Yep, WDYT?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Hi Andre, am 'wonderstruck' on seeing the 'dark side of the bull':t3 Yup works for me, nicely seen and processed. Agree with Steve-would have been great without that OOF bull in upper right corner but no deal breaker. RP looks better.

haseeb badar
11-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi Andre -- You have nicely seen and captured this at the same time ! The Buffalo behind the buff certainly appears a dark force and i liked the way you have processed .
Yes that buffalo in the BG is a distracting element but it was there , hence...

TFS !

Andre Pretorius
11-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Thank you Steve, Andreas, Sanjeev and Haseeb!
Steve, your plan worked, like the RP more!

Steve Kaluski
11-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Steve, your plan worked, like the RP more!

Good, there are many ways to 'skin a rabbit', but this was the easiest route to take. LR is good but occasionally 3rd party software can be better depending upon the requirement.