PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant

Jonathan Ashton
11-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Canon 50D Canon 100-400L ISO 400, 1/1250 sec f5.6
I was rummaging through some old files and found this one, I think I recall the OOF areas behind were female pheasants.

keith mitchell
11-06-2015, 03:03 PM
I am a big fan of birds with ruffled plumage ,the breeze certainly caught this one, well done getting it in focus from head to the end of it's tail, might just take a little off the top, just my take of course ,nice job Jon.

Keith.

gail bisson
11-06-2015, 03:21 PM
The windblown feathers are what make this image! The foot up is a nice detail.
I really like the body position being parallel to the sensor so that all is in focus.
I would dodge/lighten the horizontal brown strips in the BG ( even clone them out) because they pull my eye away. If you don't want to alter the image that way, then I agree a top from the crop would be nice.
I realize the light wasn't the best but I might be tempted to raise the brightness slightly.
Gail

Steve Kaluski
11-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Hi Jon, great portrayal of this subject, love the side profile and the windswept look makes it for me, rather unique. The mound/rock/females behind the tail feathers are rather unfortunate, but nothing you could have done. Personally I think you could loose about an inch off the top without harming the image.

Jon, I just wonder if it's running a tad warm on the WB, just took it back into LR and you have a good starting point in the chest feathers to get a nice balance, then work from there, just a thought?
Think you did well with the old 5D. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

David Cowling
11-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Lovely image of this bird which is in prime condition. Hope it managed to survive the shooting season! I like the raised left leg and ruffled feathers and intent look on the birds face. The (wattle?) gives a nice splash of colour. Just a shame that the BG couldn't have been even more OOF. Not a big deal though.

Jonathan Ashton
11-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments.

Satish Ranadive
11-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Excellent image. Beautiful bird with ruffled plumage. Very nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.