PDA

View Full Version : Pine Marten

John Robinson
11-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Just got around to processing my files from the trip to Scotland earlier this year.
Didn't get much apart from several hundred Pine Marten pics. In most cases subject and photographer quite wet but OK with this one -from a dry hide. ! Can't compete with the big game type stuff but was a first for me and great to see. Even when like this one - soaking wet ( Juvenile by the way )
D7100
Nikor 70-300
f7 @160th sec
640 ISO
Neat image/ Image guru/ Bibble Pro
70% of frame.

JohnR

Joseph Przybyla
11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Interesting critter, I have never seen one before. It appears it was intently staring at you. Nice image, John. Thank you for sharing.

Nancy Bell
11-06-2015, 07:05 PM
How marvelous to photograph this pine marten and to have "several hundred" more pics! Small critters are usually much harder to see than big critters! Glad you captured the wonderful orange color of the throat and such a nice head turn towards you. I believe you are using that heavy branch as a framing element. It feels a bit too heavy for me and maybe you could crop most of it out and have more focus on the bedraggled marten.

haseeb badar
11-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Hi John -- This looks so much better in terms of colors then your previous posting if i remember correctly . I agree with Nancy on trying to crop the branch as much as possible .

Also the LHS of the image ( to the subject's right ) appears blurred in parts ? is it due to NR , or gaussian blur ? or something like that ? or because of dof ?

TFS !

John Robinson
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Hasseb- I think its just different layers of grass- on the angle away from the camera.
I could cop some of the top but would be struggling at the bottom. I,ll try it.
Cheers
John