PDA

View Full Version : Black-necked Stilt Silhouette

Marina Scarr
11-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry for the long absence, but I was without a computer for over 2 months. My hard drive and back up failed simultaneously, and it took time to determine the problems, solve them and then recoup my many missing files.

Worked hard on silhouettes this past Spring. The sunsets were gorgeous and the water levels were just right for the feeding. It was challenging but every moment looking through that viewfinder, I was in awe of the beauty before me.

Canon 1D4, Canon 500 & 1.4 TC
F8, 1/8000sec, ISO 640
Feisol tripod, Jobu head

Thank you in advance for all critiques and comments!

Robert Kimbrell
11-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Welcome back Marina, Sorry for all the computer problems. A great looking shot. The color is gorgeous. The ripples in the water make me feel like I am looking into the clouds. Well presented.

Lorant Voros
11-02-2015, 11:47 PM
I love the species and I love the colors here. Like walking in liquid gold. Well done and nice to have you back.

David Salem
11-03-2015, 02:08 AM
I remember this one. One of my favorites. That fiery golden water and the nice pose with the food in the bill makes for a real beautiful silhouette frame.
Nice work Marina. See you soon

keith mitchell
11-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Right up my street with this one Marina, colours are beautiful .

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
11-03-2015, 05:48 AM
As a fan of silhouettes this is quite appealing to me. The subject looks really good with the feeding pose, but the feathered brushstroke effect on the water really elevates this even higher. Sounds like you had a worrisome couple of months with your files!!

Amy Marques
11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
The image is simple but beautiful, Marina. The gold foil background color is very nice.

Gabriela Plesea
11-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Hello Marina,

I am so glad your computer/backups sorted now, what nightmare. A warm welcome back from me:wave:

Wonderful capture and that golden tinge on the water is superb. I too am in awe of this lovely scene, what wonderful silhouette and reflection.

Superb tranquil scene, I can just imagine how it felt being there:)

Warmest regards,

Bill Dix
11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
A beautiful image with that molten gold water and the water drop or morsel of food in the bill. Glad you're back up and running. That's my worst nightmare, to have hard drive and backup disk fail simultaneously.

William Dickson
11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Wow. The water is as good as the bird and that's beautiful.

Will

Jim Crosswell
11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Beautiful image Marina! I like the pose, morsel and composition . The hammered gold foreground and gold cloud BG make this image special.

Joseph Przybyla
11-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Striking silhouette, Marina. Love all about it. Thank you for sharing.