PDA

View Full Version : Delicate Arch Plateau

Don Lacy
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
This image was taken from the Delicate Arch viewing area that is a short walk from the parking lot. I really was not expecting much when I made the exposures since the light was nothing special but thought it would make a nice image to practice Pano stitching on when I got back home. Started playing around with it today and this is what I came up with which to my surprise came out much better then what I would have expected. Considering the fact that I am highly disappointed in the images I made when I did hike up to Delicate Arch its nice to have something i like of this icon.

Canon 6D, 70-200 f/4 at 200mm, 1600s at f/8, Manual Mode, Evaluative Metered, ISO 400, 4 horizontal images stitched then numerous layers with and without luminosity mask I also took the liberty to clone out all the tourist.

Don Railton
11-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Hi Don

I like the pano crop reflecting the Horizontal lines and simple composition.. Unfortunately I did not notice the arch straight away, and feel the image would have more impact if I did, ie if you could have moved to the right more (without stepping off a big cliff..!) so the arch was seperated from the BG rocks... Orange and blue always look good to me..

DON

Rachel Hollander
11-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi Don - Don R. took the words right out of my hand/mouth. I wish the arch had blue sky through it though I am not sure if that is possible. Colors and pano work well. Light looks like it was already bright but handled well.

TFS,
Rachel

dankearl
11-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Agree on the arch location but nice idea.....

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi Don...ditto on the arch...love te colors and the pano comp too.