Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1250
Av(Aperture Value) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 200
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM
Focal Length 500.0mm
This was a shot I found by chance it was taken a couple of years ago in Northumberland, I quite liked the pose.
All C&C welcome.

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi Jonathan, if you have it, ten moving the whole crop down a bit more would be good, it's a little too tight to the trim I feel. Also I would have preferred to have seen the total foot, but understand/know the reasons why it's not visible. Both whites & blacks handled well and nice light on the eye, love the 'feather' on the tip of the bill with a killer BKG, gorgeous.

Nice part of the world.

TFS
Steve

Amy Marques
11-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi Jonathan. That is a nice pose captured with the lifted back foot. The blacks and white have been exposed nicely. The front foot appears to have been cropped off- I'd like to suggest that you crop the image as if the foot was clearly visible. Thanks for posting.

William Dickson
11-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Lovely frame Jon. Great control of the blacks/white and the bird looks good against the BG. My fave duck :S3:

Will

Marina Scarr
11-02-2015, 09:42 PM
You had lovely light here and your exposure is spot on. Love that raised foot. While I didn't see it until Amy mentioned it, I agree on a little more room for the virtual foot if possible. Great color palette here!!!

Sidharth Kodikal
11-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Perfect exposure and lovely details. The head turn is just right and the raised foot adds a ton. Well done Jon.

Satish Ranadive
11-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Absolutely super exposures in whites and blacks. Love the pose with raised foot and beautiful BG.
Would selectively brighten the head.
Great show, Jonathan.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
11-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, I do have a little more space to add to the base.