PDA

View Full Version : Alawoona wheatfield

Gerhard Weldhagen
11-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Taken during an approaching storm cell over the South Australian Riverland. Canon 5DS R, EF 35 mm f1.4, 1/320, f8.0, ISO 100, HDR composite. Cropped to panorama, border added. Comments welcome.

Don Lacy
11-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Hi Gerhard, Really nice composition to this image which suits the Pano layout nicely with the tree on the left being balanced by the clouds on the right. The one area I feel the image is lacking is in its lack of contrast and dull tonal values. I hope you dont mind but I took this into ps and made just a few adjustments to illustrate what I am talking about. I adjusted both the black and white point with a curve adjustment added some yellow saturation to the grass only and added some mid tone contast to the clouds for some added drama. Really just adjusting the white and black point would be enough but I wanted to show you some extra things you could have done

Don Railton
11-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi Gerhard

Loved that composition right from the thumbnail..! Do agree with Don L that it looks a little flat however...

Don

Gerhard Weldhagen
11-03-2015, 05:44 AM
Hi Gerhard, Really nice composition to this image which suits the Pano layout nicely with the tree on the left being balanced by the clouds on the right. The one area I feel the image is lacking is in its lack of contrast and dull tonal values. I hope you dont mind but I took this into ps and made just a few adjustments to illustrate what I am talking about. I adjusted both the black and white point with a curve adjustment added some yellow saturation to the grass only and added some mid tone contast to the clouds for some added drama. Really just adjusting the white and black point would be enough but I wanted to show you some extra things you could have done
Hi Don, your version is a little over the top but interesting. I wish it looked like that in real life! I will have another go at this one.

dankearl
11-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I like Don's repost. Photos do not need to look like real life........

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2015, 08:28 PM
A very nice panoramic...with great repost by Don L to address the flatness.