PDA

View Full Version : Prince Reddish

Lorant Voros
11-01-2015, 11:01 PM
I find this individual very elegant, almost majestic, so I called it Prince Reddish. I opted for the pano crop here.

1DX
500mm+1.4TC
ISO640
f: 8
1/400
handheld

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Hi Lorant, good choice on the crop and I really like the position/pose of the subject, almost leaning forward into frame. Again, another striking backdrop the separates the subject nicely.

Lorant I curious to know if you use the Histogram to check exposure, I just saw you had to drop the exposure quite a bit and although darkening isn't so much of an issue compared to lightening, at ISO640 I'm surprised at the detail in the head plumage, it looks a little grainy/crunchy, unless this is a big crop????? Just interested :S3:.

TFS
Steve

Lorant Voros
11-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Lorant, good choice on the crop and I really like the position/pose of the subject, almost leaning forward into frame. Again, another striking backdrop the separates the subject nicely.

Lorant I curious to know if you use the Histogram to check exposure, I just saw you had to drop the exposure quite a bit and although darkening isn't so much of an issue compared to lightening, at ISO640 I'm surprised at the detail in the head plumage, it looks a little grainy/crunchy, unless this is a big crop????? Just interested :S3:.

TFS
Steve

Thanks for the comment, Steve. I attach the 100% crop and the original shooting data. The slight grain in the plumage should be from sharpening I guess. Looking forward to read your comments.

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks Lorant, RAW is looking good, I just saw you took it down to -0.85 exp, but not sure if its sharpening that is causing the 'effect'??? Anyway, still good irrespective. :wave:

Bill Dix
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
A lovely portrait which is set off nicely against the green background. The pano works well, although I could see adding just a sliver on top. I do see the "crunchiness", presumably a little oversharpening on the head.

Marina Scarr
11-02-2015, 09:44 PM
For this particular species of bird, the sharpening is probably pretty accurate...maybe a tad over. I love that BG but would like to see a tad more on top.