PDA

View Full Version : Frosted Horned Lark

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2015, 05:16 PM
It was quite a cool morning that day, with most outdoor things covered in frost...including this Horned Lark!

Canon 7D + 500mmf/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/5.6, ISO 800, just about FF, usual eye work, toned down some bright spots in the BG via low-opacity clone stamp.

Colin Driscoll
11-02-2015, 03:36 AM
Ha, I see the bird has frost on it, must have been a cold night, probably frozen stiff so made for an easy shot :S3:. Nicely done, but perhaps the focus could have been a little more forward to reduce the oof foreground? Not sure whether I could have done that though!

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Hi Daniel, this certainly is a cutie, love the light and frost, great atmosphere and you can't help but feel so sorry for this little guy with the frost on his feathers too. Great HA and nice catchlight, love you 'eye' work :S3:.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Excellent Dan nice pose and I haven't seen frost on a little bird before. This makes for a really appealing image.

William Dickson
11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Nice 'natural' looking image. The expression on the bird tells you its cold :S3: Love the colours and detail.

Will

Ross Taylor
11-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi Daniel,

Very nice to see you posted this one. It is quite the unique situation. Frost on the tail and back, frost on the ground. I feel for that bird!

I like the lower placement in the frame, that works quite well in this composition.

The image, particularly the background and foreground, seem a little darkish to me. I would consider lightening it up a bit.

Cheers Daniel!

Ross