PDA

View Full Version : Sea Stacks

dankearl
11-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Another Oregon Coast night scene.
The sea stacks are lit up by the ambient light of a town on the shore.

25 sec., iso5000, 20mm f1.8, D610

610_5975bpn.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=156651&stc=1&d=1446405479)

Don Railton
11-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Hi Dan

I admire someone who get up in the middle of the night for shots like this.. It's well done, I like the composition with clean borders and the simplicity... I might not have left the streak in the sky, and maybe the masking could be adjusted slightly to either feather the edges or at least reduce the white edge to the rocks in the darker section especially..

DON

Morkel Erasmus
11-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Hi Dan.
for me the sky is not as clear/static as I would expect given the 25s exposure - stars seem to have suffered from movement, or could it be camera shake (wind factor)?
I too noticed the white edge along the rocks...

Don Lacy
11-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Hi Dan, Another nice image I am amazed of how much detail you are getting in the sky with all the light pollution behind you. I am seeing some coma or movement in the stars as pointed out by Morkel and if this were mine I would crop about half the water out of the bottom of the image.

Rachel Hollander
11-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Hi Dan - Another nice scene and I agree with the comments and suggestions above. I think I would also prefer a less centered position of the tallest rock and the milky way.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
11-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi Dan, overall a very nice scene with some good suggested tweaks...any chance you shot a vertical of the main stack with the milky way rising from it's peak...I like how you positioned the milk way in this horizontal...a vertical would be quite nice.

Grady Weed
11-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Your killing me Dan with these images. I like the waters reflection of the tall rocks. It gives it perspective of the scene as a whole. But a crop off the water does give it a different look. I do however like it as is. There is a streak in the right side, a shooting star maybe? Keep them coming.