PDA

View Full Version : Theme Hangin' Around...

Gabriela Plesea
11-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:

Definitely not my best image but thought I'd share something for this month's Theme... Which sounds like great fun, by the way!

A very brief moment as the "eye contact" only lasted for about a second or so... The frames that followed led to a short sequence which I shared in the Story Sequences Forum the other day. I take this opportunity to thank Rachel, Andreas, Marc, and also Andre, for their support with my efforts in keeping this small forum alive. It is quite a job to process multiple frames, perhaps not everyone's cuppa but I would be so happy if you took the trouble to view and who knows, you might wish to contribute once in a while.

The BG was quite busy and that patch of blue sky did not add much to the frame IMO, still my greatest upset was not being able to fully include that bunch of leaves...But just imagine the subject swinging all over the place and the difficulty to focus, LOL. Hope this makes you smile... Anyway, here are some techs:

Nikon D4
Nikon 500mm F4
ISO 1000
F6.3
1/4000s
Shot without support, h 14:52 pm. VR off.

Hope November is a great month for us all, and I am sure you all have some "moments" to share!

Steve Kaluski
11-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Definitely not my best image but thought I'd share something

It's not all about sharing the best image, as the content is often subjective and I really like this, my only wish is less to the right and more to the left, similar to your thoughts.

Cool that you got all of the subject in, including the tail and having this little 'monkey' looking to you just adds, to a cheeky chappie. BKG is fine, nothing you could do and you did well, as it appears there is enough distance between the subject and the BKG to provide that cool BKG. You may have got away with f/4, but overall a funny image.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
11-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Agree Steve, and it was truly painful realising I could not frame it right. But he was swinging like crazy, LOL. Did get some, but not when the subject was looking towards the lens:)

"You may have got away with f/4" - F-stop 6.3, I meant "Nikon 500 F4", LOL:2eyes2:

Thank you so much for looking and comments:5

Warmest regards, have a super week!

Rachel Hollander
11-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Gabriela - You know this one is my favorite of the series that you posted. You are being very hard on yourself because I think you did quite well in the heat of the moment. The youngster is sharp with a great look at camera. Yes having him positioned slightly different in the frame would have taken this over the top but still a frame I would be happy to have in my files.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Hi Gabriela, a very nice image, vertical comp was the way to go here and the eye contact, the colours, the swinging pose all add up well. Agree about the BG and more space to the left but yet you did well. TFS.

haseeb badar
11-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Hi Gabriela -- This is a very nice image , yes i agree with you on more space to the left but as Rachel mentioned , the look towards the camera is more important here . Like wise the BG is not bothering me at all , infact the dual colors are adding to this image . certainly a good image with majority of the things working well .TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
11-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks so much lovely people, always a thrill waiting for your comments and what a pleasure to receive them:5

Looking for the next image to share, let us have some fun this month!

Warmest regards,

Morkel Erasmus
11-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Gabriela I like this - especially the look you got.
I agree with the critique about space on left vs space on right. I'd add a hint more tonal contrast just on the youngster to make him pop more.

Gabriela Plesea
11-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Agree Morkel... not enough on the LHS, so I was forced somehow to leave some for him to "swing into" on the RHS, LOL. Will look at the tonal contrast, thank you:cheers:

Warmest regards,

Joseph Przybyla
11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Hi Gabriela, wonderful image of the monkey. Good work staying with it and capturing a sharp image in spite of the monkey's swinging on the branch. A suggestion you might explore is to crop the image to a 2x1 ratio holding the left side and top and bottom eliminating some of the right side. With the length of the monkey from the outstretched arm to the tip of the tail I think it works. Thank you for sharing.

Gabriela Plesea
11-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Thank you so much dear Joe!

Of course I will try your crop suggestion!
I really appreciate you viewing, and also your thoughts on this image:cheers:

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
11-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Hi Gab sweet moment and you got it right :wave:, cool pose the youngster and the look is great .
Nice separation of the BG , agree with the suggestion you got regarding the RHS and Morkelīs tone boost regarding the youngster ............ but no contrast please just a bit more tone , but use a mask ....... a lumo mask not the plain brush :w3.

Neat work Gabriela , enjoy your evening/ weekend .

Cheers and TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
11-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Aww, thank you Boetie!

I never use Contrast, not to worry:)

If you wish to see this Baboon fall, have a look at the sequence I posted in my "Little Forum", LOL

Have a super week-end,

Your African Sister