PDA

View Full Version : Theme Elephants

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
A wider shot of an elephant in some golden light at OD, Bots.
7D II
200mm (100-400 II)
1/400
f/8
ISO 800
Hand Held

Rachel Hollander
11-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Hi Sanjeev - It would be great with this month's theme if when someone posts a theme image if they say what they would do differently or why they think it fits the theme. It will help us all learn from each other too.

Thanks,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Hi Rachel, the other elephant in the BG is overlapping with the main subject and some may consider it a distracting element (that's why the theme) yet the main subject stands out nicely. Ideally I would wait for the BG ele to pass by and then take the shot. Hope that clarifies.

haseeb badar
11-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one . the light looks good and so as the framing . The bull in the BG is not exactly a distracting element but instead it provides the feel of an elephant environment.I was wondering whether a slight cw rotation was required ? TFS !

Steve Kaluski
11-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi Sanjeev, agree that the other elephant isn't that much of an issue, do you have any more below and to the right, I just find it a bit tight, love the curling trunk.

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Hi Sanjeev

The elle in BG is not ideal, but it doesn't bother me that much...( Artie might think different..)

Agree with Steve to go wider and bigger, if you have it.

Love the light!!

Gabriela Plesea
11-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Wonderful golden light!

I do not mind the other ellie - as Haseeb put it, it just gives us viewers a more "elephant environment"...Subject stands out beautifully against the soft BG, lovely detail on the ellie and its curled trunk, this is well exposed... I like it as is - thank you for sharing Sanjeev:cheers:

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
11-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Hi Sanjeev - I'm glad I asked the question because I agree the intersecting elephant is a minor issue. I thought you were going to say that you would have tried to move more to the right to get a better light angle with that golden sun to illuminate more of the elephant. It also would have solved the intersecting elephant issue. Of course, it may not have been possible but it looks like an open area. You did bring out nice detail including in the shadows but having the whole elephant bathed in the golden light would have been special.

TFS,
Rachel