PDA

View Full Version : When Bulls Fight

Dvir Barkay
10-29-2015, 12:00 PM

Two large (the left one was the largest Bison I have ever seen) Bull Bison fight over the right to a female. The amount of force that the two are capable of is tremendous. There was a lot of dust (not like in Africa haha) but enough to cause a cloud of dust to gather around them as they fought. (as a side note, the victor was teh left one, his size was too much, though the other one put up a good fight)

1Dx, Canon 300/2.8 L IS with x2TC, F/9, ISO 1000, 1/1600s, Yellowstone NP

haseeb badar
10-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Nice techs Divr and a lovely action shot here ! I guess you had a great time at YNP .The dust is certainly adding to this image and I like the colors here and comp works well for me .

what are the dimensions of this image ? it appears a small box on my screen not the usual image size that we see here .

TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Dvir, your images get more and more exciting every day!

I love your landscapes, by the way:)

Wonderful capture, nice techs, love the confrontation, the clash, the dust, atmosphere, if you have more space around those two fighters I would like to see the "bigger picture" with more environment as well.

Enough dust and power to put our wildebeests to shame, LOL! Well framed and composed, would love a close-up too but I know I am asking too much, I guess those guys are not to be reckoned with:)

Post some more...:S3:

Kind regards,

Morkel Erasmus
10-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Dude! Best bison image I've seen in ages...maybe because it's the first fighting bison image I've seen ever.
But the framing, dust and intensity really rock. Just needs hint more midtone contrast/punch?

Rachel Hollander
10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Hi Dvir - Great action. I've never seen bison bulls spar either. The dust really adds to it. In addition to Morkel's suggestion about the midtones, I would tame the highlights in the grass. I also think it needs some ccw rotation judging by both the bison and the change in the vegetation in the bg. Easy tweaks that will take this image up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
10-31-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Dvir

Stunning moment captured!

On opening the image the first thought was it needs a slight rotation..
Agree with Haseeb to post it bigger.
Give it a mid-tone punch with USM!
If IQ can take it, what about a very big crop just to include the heads...?