PDA

View Full Version : Giraffe BW

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-29-2015, 07:16 AM
Hi All,Inspired by Mork's image, here is an attempt from me. DPP4, CS5 & Nik Silver Efex Pro. Taken at Chobe NP.
1/2500
f/7.1
ISO 800
5D III @ 117mm (100-400 II)

Gabriela Plesea
10-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

This works for me very well and I like the way the giraffe stands out against the landscape.

Very nice conversion, just out of curiosity - did you apply the effect to the image overall, or selectively? I like the detail on the subject, in terms of comp I might have taken a tad off the top if this was mine, but I guess you wanted to include the sky and those clouds, they do add depth to the image.

A pleasing frame overall with a lovely tonal range, clarity, sharpness, as well as contrast. I enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
10-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Hi Sanjeev, like it, can't comment on the overall conversion as I'm away, but all looking good, nice techs too. Personally I would loose some off the top, just looks a bit 'boxy' for my tastes. The light & tones have created some excellent structure & form to the subject which I very much like. BTW is that the head of an Ox pecker on the shoulder?

TFS
Steve

Dvir Barkay
10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Agree with losing a bit from the top. Overall a nice frame.

haseeb badar
10-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- Nice conversion , good details but i too agree to crop a bit from the top but the chances are that you might loose the sky . DO you have more space in the front ? a pano sort of crop would have worked better than .
TFS !

Mike Poole
10-29-2015, 03:26 PM
A very nice frame and a good conversion - I thought Morkel had posted a second version of his shot when I saw the thumbnail!

From my perspective I don't mind the crop but would consider trying to bring out a bit more definition between the sky and the clouds.

Mike

Morkel Erasmus
10-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Nice tonality on the giraffe here, Sanjeev. It really "pops"!
I notice a halo around the subject, unlike the one I posted which was a fringe/tonal halo - this seems like a halo akin to a shadow/highlights adjustment gone wrong?
I like the hint of clouds and cropping from the top would remove that, so I am fine with the crop as presented.

Rachel Hollander
10-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Hi Sanjeev - very nice conversion and overall image. All good suggestions above.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
10-31-2015, 12:57 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Agree with all above.
My 2c- crop on top and add some in front...
Nice capture and conversion..