focal length 420 mm
exposure metering mode averaged center
exposure program aperture priority

C&C Welcome
Kamal
http://www.birdingdiary.com/

Lorant Voros
10-29-2015, 08:55 AM
What a bird!. Beautiful colors, matching BG, good body and head angle and parallel to censor perch. Nice work over all.

Geoffrey Montagu
10-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Beautiful feather patterns and colors. Nice soft light and great detail. Well done.

Geoffrey

Bill Dix
10-29-2015, 12:40 PM
A beautiful bird, spectacular colors, great detail. Nice perch and bg. Nothing not to like here.

Gabriela Plesea
10-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Hello Kamal:wave:

I wanted to greet you by saying " Welcome to BPN", but noticed you have been around since 2012. Glad to see you posting, beautiful avian specimen and so colourful! I had a look at your website and saw your recent works, by the way.

Lovely composition and I really like the head angle from the bird. Those "whiskers" are so cute.

Not easy for me to comment on colours, this is the first time I see this species, but your Coppersmith looks much more striking than our Crested and Blackcollared Barbets here in South Africa. Detail is good, you could open the blacks a bit more if you like.

Wonderful work, I do hope you post some more, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

Ross Taylor
10-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Stunning in every respect! First time I see whiskers on a bird ... cool!

TFS,
Ross

Jim Crosswell
10-29-2015, 03:27 PM
I like the pose, perch, colorful bird, whiskers, sharpness, details and complimentary BG. I see some repeating patterns on the perch in front of the bird. Beautiful image Kamal!

William Dickson
10-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Lovely pose, HA and comp. Very nice lighting and colours. I agree with Gabriela about the blacks. Good work

Will

harikamal
10-29-2015, 09:15 PM
You are correct Jim; I had to clone out some distracting elements on the perch in front. but I could have done it better

harikamal
10-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Hi Gabriela,

Thank you.. Im not new to posting here in this forum. Somehow I messed up with my original account here with which I was posting in BPN "Kamal Hari Menon". So I had to revive this old account .

Hello Kamal:wave:

I wanted to greet you by saying " Welcome to BPN", but noticed you have been around since 2012. Glad to see you posting, beautiful avian specimen and so colourful! I had a look at your website and saw your recent works, by the way.

Lovely composition and I really like the head angle from the bird. Those "whiskers" are so cute.

Not easy for me to comment on colours, this is the first time I see this species, but your Coppersmith looks much more striking than our Crested and Blackcollared Barbets here in South Africa. Detail is good, you could open the blacks a bit more if you like.

Wonderful work, I do hope you post some more, thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

Daniel Cadieux
10-30-2015, 06:24 AM
Very nice! Apart from the cloning everything looks really good. Perhaps a touch brighter would work, but fantastic overall. Is this bird a fruit eater?

keith mitchell
10-31-2015, 08:10 AM
You could not have got a better BG to set this fine looking bird on,excellent piece of work.

Colin Driscoll
11-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Very good, I tried unsuccessfully to get a decent shot of this bird when I was in India a couple of years ago. Interesting call too.