PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Early Morning Reflections

Wendy Kates
10-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Another image from my trip to the Adirondacks: this image was taken shortly after dawn so the light was still soft (in contrast to the pitcher plant, which was captured at about 2pm that same day!). I increased contrast quite a bit in CEP, and added the Glamour Glow filter (I really like that filter for autumn photos).

Hazel Grant
10-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Nice glow. I like that the white lines of the water add some texture so that it's not all the same look. Is that an electric line going through?

Wendy Kates
10-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Hazel. Yes, it's an electrical wire. I thought about cloning it out but was afraid I'd ruin the image! But I'll give it a try.

Nancy Bell
10-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Beautiful fall colors! Give content aware a try for that power line. The bkgd is so full of details that I think it will do a good job. For the obvious tree trunks you will probably want to control the source yourself and use the clone tool. I would probably remove that white sign on the far right. I really like the grasses in the foreground water. They add to the vertical feel of the trees and integrate the water into the scene.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Wendy,

Greetings. Beautiful shot, cloning the line and sign would make this a wall hanger for sure. As for the cloning, practice makes perfect.... a good image to devote the effort. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

gary ellwein
10-29-2015, 06:39 PM
This is a beautiful image enhanced by glamour glow. Agree with getting rid of the hand of man.

Wendy Kates
10-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone! Here is the cloned and cleaned image!

Diane Miller
10-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Perfect!! Gorgeous colors -- I am SOOO jealous!!

You might consider going for a pano with about half the water removed. But always a quandary with an image like this! Even though it looks like it would add some sky, I'm wondering if I want to see more on top.

Nancy Bell
10-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Good job with the clean-up. One tiny bit left to remove is the white reflection in the water from the white sign you removed. I like the additional water you included in the foreground.

Hazel Grant
10-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Now that's a WOW

gary ellwein
10-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Well done

Judy Howle
10-31-2015, 04:12 PM
Beautiful colors and composition! Yes the cleaned image is much better. Color is just starting up in my section of Mississippi.

Dennis Bishop
11-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Nice work getting rid of the electric line and the post. I, too, like the additional water in the re-post. It does put the edge of the water in the vertical center, but that's okay given what you've added to the image. Both the reflections and lines in the water are great features. I agree with Nancy's comment about the benefits of the grasses, and showing more of them -- especially with their directional contrast to the diagonals in the water -- is a good thing.

Anita Bower
11-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Glorious colors and glow! Beautiful reflections. I like all the lines--the horizontal lines of the layers--trees, shrubbery, rocks (an excellent element), water, grasses. Very, very nice. You did an excellent job of cleaning up the image. The original processing with Glamour Glow is excellent. I prefer the original crop, but both versions are pleasing.

Wendy Kates
11-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks, all. Actually, I didn't mean to include more water in the repost. I just forgot to crop it out after I cleaned up the power line! I'm still not sure which crop I like best...