PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Valley Impression #1

Dvir Barkay
10-27-2015, 02:00 PM

Cloud cover was a big story and help for me on this trip. Here clouds move off a mountain and reveal a fresh layer of snow on the trees. I also wanted to juxtapose that with the yellow and try Lamar Valley. I have a shot of that snow with a 600mm lens :) also

1DIII, Canon 70-200 with x1.4TC, F/7.1, ISO 200

Rachel Hollander
10-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Hi Dvir - A nice scene and the fog/clouds rolling in add to the scene. I think you can give the image a little more depth and amplify the light hitting the upper hillside by giving the midtones a slight boost. I might also apply some LCE to bring out a bit more detail in the clouds.

TFS,
Rachel

David Cowling
10-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Nice composition leading us right to the top of the frame. Agree with adding a bit more contrast to the clouds which would help to lift the image

andresleon
10-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Very nice composition, although I think it may have made it a little stronger if the peak was not so centered. The color gradient creates a really wonderful story compositionally. I, too, think that adding a little more contrast to the clouds, or perhaps even lowering their exposure a bit may improve it as well. Very nicely done overall!

Don Lacy
11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
I also like the comp and layers of the image.

Andrew McLachlan
11-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Hi Dvir, I like the comp and the arrangement of the elements here...a grad filter would have helped to hold back the sky, which I find a touch too bright. However, it does look like you have enough detail in the brights of the sky so it might be worth trying out the grad filter in Nik Color Efex.