PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Illinois Fall

Hazel Grant
10-26-2015, 08:05 PM
So glad we are having some color this year. Not New England, but nice. Cloned some picnic tables out. Topaz Buzsim effect.

Kerry Perkins
10-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Really pretty Hazel. I love the colors of autumn and the leaves on the ground. The effect works well and adds a very nice painterly look.

Wendy Kates
10-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Really nice, Hazel. The colors, composition and depth of field are all engaging. What would you think of lightening up the foreground a bit?

Dennis Bishop
10-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks like you started out with a great scene and made it even better. The natural lighting from the open field in the background makes a wonderful transition across the ground and adds a lot to the feeling of depth. It also nicely backlights the leaves in the background. I like all the verticals, too, especially with the vertical format. The fact that some of the leaves haven't, yet, turned but others have fallen gives a beautiful variety of color and adds a lot of interest to the foreground. I like your processing and the fact that the picnic tables aren't there. (Nice job cloning them out. I'd never have known.)

I tried Wendy's suggestion of lightening the foreground with a Curves gradient from the bottom to the field. It brings out the foreground leaves very well, but I like how the image is anchored with the dark foreground. Both ways have merit, but if I were going to lighten it, the amount would be very small.

Hazel Grant
10-26-2015, 10:27 PM
I'll take your word for it, Dennis, re the lighter foreground. Actually, on the original I kind of liked the darker also. thanks for your kind remarks.

Diane Miller
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Just wonderful! I love BuzSim for forest scenes. And I couldn't do better than the previous comments on the strong points here.

I was ratting around central and southern Indiana a couple of weeks ago with friends, looking for fall color and covered bridges. It was a bit early, but I love the forests back there. I don't have anything that can compete with this one, but I'll see if I can come up with something to post.

Hazel Grant
10-27-2015, 05:27 PM
What a compliment! Thanks. I always look forward to your posts.

stuart wanuck
10-27-2015, 06:03 PM
nice pastoral scene certainly painter like

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2015, 03:06 PM
I like the light coming from the back Hazel, and the dark trunks. Maybe a slight lightening, but not so much as to interfere with that lovely backlighting.

Anita Bower
10-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Charming image. Love the warm colors that seem to glow. The dark trunks and branches contrast nicely and create lovely vertical lines. Wonderful sense of depth. There is one little lighter area, second tree from the left, about mid way up, that could use darkening as it distracts me a little. I like the rich, dark tones. Great processing.

Hazel Grant
10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
thanks. I'll correct that spot.

Nancy Bell
10-29-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm super late to the party. Great comments above. The first thing that struck me was the gorgeous glow coming from the back and the glow highlighting just parts of the trees. That distant glow draws the eye back through the tree trunks and into the depths of the image. I am draw to go back there and see what is in the bright area! Those repeating dark trunks also add a great graphic element.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Hazel,

Greetings. I like your image, particularly the back lighting and the color, the bright area in the distance. I wish there were more. I imagine an image with a landscape aspect ratio maybe 3 or 4 of these wide. Oh, here's a with a couple of flips, some composition crops, a little darkening (vignette by hand)...

An idea.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hazel Grant
10-31-2015, 10:27 AM
Hmmmm. an idea indeed. A bit of a problem with that obvious flip element just right of center, but can be worked with. Thanks for the idea.

Diane Miller
10-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey, that's The Great Pumpkin! Very cool!! And a nice heart over to the left.

Hazel Grant
11-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Oops, you're right!!!!!!!!! Totally missed that! Thanks!