PDA

View Full Version : A Leap of Faith (Chachma Baboon)

Gabriela Plesea
10-26-2015, 01:30 PM
What would Kruger Park be without its entertainers?

Here's a glimpse of a little Baboon doing what young Baboons do best: acrobatic tricks. Or rather, arboreal tricks. Chachma Baboons are great fun and we spent hours watching them while travelling through the Kruger last month. Whether they were foraging, grooming, caring for the young or just fooling around, they kept us glued to our cameras for long periods of time.

Especially the juveniles, they can be real delinquents when they reach the age of four months or so...

Nikon D4
Nikon 500mm F4
ISO 1000
F6.3
1/4000s

Hope you enjoy this little sequence, I apologise to you all for not posting for so long but as you know, sequences are hard to come by...

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
11-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Hi Gabriela - Nice sequence but I want to know where he landed! The first image almost looks like he sees you and has a bit of mischief in his eyes, almost a "dare me" attitude.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
11-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Hello dearest Rachel!

This little one landed in some bushes, LOL. They are so cute, so playful, so mischievous, a joy to watch. I hope Andre will find some time to process some of his own and share in this forum.

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your time to view, as well as kind words:)

Warmest regards,

John Hackney
12-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Gorgeous sequence and so cute, too.

Alison McCoy
12-03-2015, 02:42 AM
Hi Gabriela, these are great! The first photo is a wonderful portrait all on it's own and then we get the fun bonus of the next two. Love the last one and the devil may care pose you caught. :S3:

Gabriela Plesea
12-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Thank you Alison, I almost missed the last bit, I was laughing so hard watching those cute chaps:)

Have a super day, thank you so much for looking and comments!

Kind regards,

Diane Miller
12-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Gorgeous as well as cute! The last one is a work of art, with a fantastic BG!