PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Ring-billed Gull.

Karl Egressy
10-24-2015, 07:40 PM
I had fun watching and photographing Gulls' fishing.
This guy caught a prey I'm not familiar with.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 5D Mark III
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II. + 1.4x III
ISO 640
f8.0
1/4000 s

David Salem
10-25-2015, 01:18 AM
The light is hitting this gull so strong, and so well, and with your perfect exposure settings, it looks fantastic. Killer details throughout.
The HA looks great and the food item, looks like a crawfish or little lobster, adds to the scene.
Cloning water with ripples can be tricky sometimes. I might try my hand at re-working the area above the ripples.
Nice work Karl

Mike Poole
10-25-2015, 04:39 AM
Great timing on this one Karl, I love the wing position and the way his lunch is just above the water line

William Dickson
10-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Fab frame Karl. You captured this one very nice indeed. Great POV, light and exposure.

Will

gail bisson
10-25-2015, 01:07 PM
The gull and crayfish look excellent. Some PP issues that David has already addressed.
Gail

Karl Egressy
10-25-2015, 01:28 PM
The light is hitting this gull so strong, and so well, and with your perfect exposure settings, it looks fantastic. Killer details throughout.
The HA looks great and the food item, looks like a crawfish or little lobster, adds to the scene.
Cloning water with ripples can be tricky sometimes. I might try my hand at re-working the area above the ripples.
Nice work Karl
Thanks David, thank you all.
There was a bright section that I tried to make better.
Here is yet an other version.

Don Lacy
10-25-2015, 02:14 PM
HI Karl, The light on the Gull is wonderful and the Crayfish a nice added bonus. The area that you worked on is still not right if its just a brightens issue and not an object that needs to be cloned there are better ways to take care of it. Have you tried burning that area, you can also use a curve adjustment and layer mask or luminosity mask with a curve adjustment.

Jim Crosswell
10-26-2015, 04:15 PM
I like the wing position, grayfish, water color, body angle and composition. Well done Karl!

Satish Ranadive
10-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Excellent image. Spectacular moment captured.

Regards,
Satish.