PDA

View Full Version : Moonlight seascape.

David Cowling
10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Image taken on the North Sea coast 3 hours after sunset. The moon is at half full waxing. Lots of light pollution behind me but not too bad over the sea. The lights below the horizon are from gas platforms. There is also a ship on the right hand horizon. Critique and comments very welcome.

Panasonic Lumix LX100. Lens at 24 mm equiv.

25 secs @ f2 ISO 800. RAW developed in PS6

Jonathan Ashton
10-25-2015, 04:52 PM
This is a very eye catching image, it takes the viewer into a slight state of puzzlement being able to see al that foreground detail plus the stars. Nicely composed and a very well thought out image, you have fired my limited imagination I must try something along these lines!!

Diane Miller
10-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Wonderful composition with great colors and perfect exposure! Great DOF for f/2.

Don Railton
10-26-2015, 11:39 PM
Nice composition David although I would have preffered that the post tops did not cut the horizon. Would make the image feel wider i think. There is slight noise visible in the water & sky but well done anyway considering sensors size/equipment etc...

Don

andresleon
10-29-2015, 03:00 PM
I really like the colors you were able to bring out from the sky, sand, sea and rocks. The long exposure makes the water silkiness very interesting as well. What I think could have made the image stronger is if the horizon wasn't so centered on the image. I wish there has been more emphasis on either the beach and water or the sky. Another item that I would have modified I bit is the bright red light near the center of the image. It seems (not saying that you did) that it was a little over saturated. Thanks for sharing!