PDA

View Full Version : Dunlin

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2015, 07:16 PM
These Dunlins are quite the busy feeders! Constant "sowing machine" probing of the mud and shallow waters. Here is a short pause in the action:S3:. Although very minor I kinda like the piece of vegetation wrapped around the leg...

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, just about FF, darkened the pupil, toned down the brightest stripe in the BG as well as the lower part of the frame (burn tool used).

Stu Bowie
10-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Hi Dan, lovely soft light, and no doubt you were down and wet when you captured this. The Dunlin is nice and sharp, as the feather detail is showing very well. I really like the different blues and greys of the water.

Steve Kaluski
10-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Hi Daniel, this just typifies and illustrates my point about getting a lower POV and being at eyelevel with the subject, makes so much of a difference, just perfect IMHO. Getting down, wet & dirty is what it's all about, besides which you have the best waterproof kit on - your skin :bg3:.

Lovely soft/muted colours & tones and I like the gentle ripple of the tide as it rolls in and covers the feet. Like the angle of the subject, however I much prefer this to the previous posting.

TFS
Steve

Jim Crosswell
10-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I like the low angle, HA, soft light, ripples in the wave and composition. Excellent image Daniel!

Ross Taylor
10-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Hi Dan,

I really like the look of the water, a kind of milky quality. Love soft blue tones of the background. The bird, pose, and composition all look great to my eye :)

You may consider to cut some of the magenta from the FG and BG. I noticed hints of it along the bottom edge, and on the lower edges of the dark waves in the background.

Thanks for sharing this lovely Dunlin :)

Ross

Karl Egressy
10-23-2015, 07:11 PM
Nice low shooting angle and nice light on the bird makes it a great looking image, Daniel.