View Full Version : Pheasant

William Dickson
10-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Canon 5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/6.3
1/800
ISO 2000

Another one from the Glen. These birds are in abundance. but are always either running or flying away when you get too close. It was more difficult choosing a good BG. :S3: I liked the Autumn colours on this one.

Thanks for looking.

Will

Steve Kaluski
10-22-2015, 03:14 AM
These birds are in abundance. but are always either running or flying away when you get too close. It was more difficult choosing a good BG.

Hi Will I think they are aware that they could make the pot at this time of year and are a tad more skittish :w3 Good to get this one out in the open and the mound provides a nice and natural perch and it looks like some dew was still on the grass too. I assume getting lower would have brought in more OOF grasses based on the VERY near FG? BKG are always a challenge like this unlike planned or set-ups as you have no control over distracting elements, so I feel you did very well here.

If you have mastered layers & masks then using Selective colour in PSCC I might suggest you increase the vibrancy of the lovely front chest plumage and provide a richer look & feel, but only target this.

TFS
Steve

Colin Driscoll
10-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Very nice shot, love the garden the bird is standing in.

John Robinson
10-22-2015, 08:05 AM
Looks good to me Will.
Got two in the garden here and theres no shooting so they,re pretty cool about life !!
JohnR

Grace Scalzo
10-22-2015, 09:16 AM
What a great environmental image. You did great getting him in the clear. I really like the colors of both the bird and the background, they make a nice presentation.

Jim Crosswell
10-22-2015, 10:28 AM
I like the pose, setting and composition. I can't get near one over here. Very well done William!

William Dickson
10-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the comments :S3:

Much appreciated

Will

Karl Egressy
10-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Nice colorful bird, a rarity around here. (Too many hunters, too few birds.)

Stu Bowie
10-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi Will, what a colourful subject, and although mentioned already, you couldnt have chosen a better BG for colour.