10-20-2015, 06:53 PM
A stack of about 75 images
D800E 200mm f6.3 1/250 iso 100
two remote flashes

John Robinson
10-21-2015, 03:11 AM
Hi Ron
Pure white BG makes a change.,
Not sure about the OOF leaves ? What is the time period it takes to do the 75 shots ?
The more of this stacking I do I realise that plants make subtle movements so the quicker the shots are taken the better. In theory anyway !!
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
10-21-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks. They do move, so ideally I acclimate the cutting (rarely a whole plant) to the water or studio--some are more prone to stand up or wilt whether in water or not. The 75 shots probably take about 5 minutes. I shortened the acquisition time by springing for a fast CF card and having the camera store the photos rather than transfer to the tethered computer. I wouldn't mind if it would take them faster -- the flashes are 1/32 - 1/64 so perhaps could recharge fast enough if I were to speed it up even further.

Jonathan Ashton
10-21-2015, 05:37 AM
The OOF leaves look a little odd to me within the context of nature photography, in terms of general photography I think the image is good, showing excellent details in the buds and pleasant colour rendition. The image has almost some kind of filter effect to it, so to me it doesn't appear as reality but having said that I like the image as presented. I think the plain white background is fine.

OvidiuCavasdan
10-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Agree about the oof leaves, nicely done overall, thanks for sharing about the technique.

Diane Miller
10-26-2015, 07:36 PM
A great challenge, well executed. I like the OOF leaves, to make the sharp ones really stand out.