PDA

View Full Version : Kopje KING.

Marc Mol
10-20-2015, 09:30 AM
This is the alpha male, one of the quad coalition from the Kusini kopje pride in the western sector of the Serengeti.

Some may disagree on the framing, but I'm pretty happy with it as is, all subjective of course.

D4s 500 f/4 VR 1/320s f/6.3 ISO1600. This is F/F, bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, TK masking, ACR PS CC'15.

My wife and I leave tomorrow to claim my $30K photo comp http://www.march4elephantsandrhinos.org/ prize that I was very fortunate to win late last year,

for this image here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/126276-Wildlife-2014-Marc-Mol

with 12 nights in RSA, Zambia & Selinda/Botswana and adding an additional 12 nights @ Selinda just to make it even more worthwhile......chasing Wild Dog:w3,

see you all in mid Nov :wave:

Cheers

Marc

Mike Poole
10-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Superb!

That really does shoe him off as an alpha male should be presented. The upwards shooting angle is majestic and the wind blowing through the main gives a real impression of the conditions. Finally the stare out into the open just oozes of a confident beast surveying his territory

Mike

Rachel Hollander
10-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Hi Marc - very nice portrait of this king. I too like the pov and the comp. Enjoy the trip and looking forward to seeing your images when you return.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Very nice image Marc, he does look relaxed on the Kopje. Well composed and processed. Have fun and congrats.

gary ellwein
10-21-2015, 01:37 AM
I like the uncluttered simplicity of the image. For me, the cat's eyes make the image.

Joseph Przybyla
10-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Lovely image of a magnificent lion. I would not change a thing. Thank you for sharing, Marc.

Andre Pretorius
10-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi Marc

Love this King looking over his land!
Stunning POV and good comp.
Acquired new sharpening software, had Roger Clark's theory of deconvolution in mind, WDYT? (works better on Tiff/ PSD files than small jpg..)
Just added D&B layer.

haseeb badar
10-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi Marc -- Congratulations and wish you a wonderful journey . Hope to see many more images from you on your return.

Well , this looks amazing , lovely details and really a stunning POV . I like the comp and He certainly justifies his alpha male tag .
Andre's RP appears a bit over sharpened on the lower part of the mane .
TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
11-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Love this one, Marc!!
Andre's repost does look a tad too crisp...