PDA

View Full Version : Flaming flower cartoon

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Some more technique practice... 'tooning.

A couple of fill layer on B&W blends, then Impression (a painterly one) and Simplify (for lines and that buz sim thing). Fairly distant from the original image.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
10-19-2015, 06:04 AM
I think the title says it well--flaming!

Dennis Bishop
10-19-2015, 11:00 AM
I have to admit it took me a while to get used to the intensity of the flower colors. Right away, I thought the background works well with the subject because of its color and subdued variability. Somewhere in the back of my head, I remembered something about staring at strong colors like this for a while, then looking away at a white surface. After focusing on the red and yellow for about half a minute, I moved my eyes to the right, where the screen is white, and covered the image. Sure enough . . . There was the flower -- but in blue, the third color in the triad that includes yellow and red.

Cheryl Slechta
10-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Michael, great colors - I'd like to see the original to see how far you pushed the envelope:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-22-2015, 12:01 AM
Anita, Dennis, Cheryl,

Thanks much for the comments. Here's something close to the original. The "original" is actually a two shot merged image that went right into the flaming version. The following is just merged and cropped to close the flaming version.

Pretty close ;-)

Cheers,

-Michael-

Nancy Bell
10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Good dynamic bkgd to go with the dynamic flames of the subject. Cool looped lines in the flower that worked well in this adaptation.