PDA

View Full Version : Theme The Poser !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-16-2015, 03:37 PM
One of my all time favourite images from my OD trip. A portrait of His Majesty - Seņor Leopard ! Hope you like it as much as I do.
1/320
f/8
ISO 800
7D II
500 II Hand Held.

Rachel Hollander
10-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Great regal pose and eye contact with nice soft light. If it were mine I would crop up from the bottom to more of a pano eliminating the partial legs/paws. I think it can also use a bit more sharpening. Definitely a beautiful portrait.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-17-2015, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback and comments Rachel. Much appreciated. The sharpening looks OK on my screen, I was a bit apprehensive of over-sharpening & the crunchy look (the RAW is sharp at full view). I will try your crop suggestion.

Andreas Liedmann
10-17-2015, 04:01 AM
Hi Sanjeev , i have other all time favorite images from your latest trip :bg3:.
This is still a nice solid portrait no question . I like the soft light and great color /tone combo, the image does look well processed and the sharpness does look right to me , way better than the Hyena you posted recently :w3.Right amount of DOF , the eye level shot and the stunning BG are working very well together for a classy great portrait .
Just thinking what is the LHS of the frame good for ? I might have chosen another crop and would have preferred more space to the RHS , but this could be just me .

Nice work Sanjeev , TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-17-2015, 04:49 AM
Hi Sanjeev , i have other all time favorite images from your latest trip :bg3:
Ha ha Andreas, agree with you! Will work on an alternate crop. Thanks.

haseeb badar
10-17-2015, 05:09 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- A Classic Portrait indeed !! The colors and comp work for me though i would love to see other crop versions as suggested above . As soon as i looked at the image i felt more sharpening can be applied .
TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-17-2015, 05:59 AM
Thanks Haseeb. Will sharpen it a just a bit more.

Marc Mol
10-17-2015, 09:49 AM
One can never have enough of good quality leopard portraits Sanjeev, apart form the minor sharpening (just a little increase) & crop suggestions this ticks all the boxes, nicely seen.

TFSW

Geoffrey Montagu
10-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Simply beautiful, Sanjeev. I could look at this portrait all day, in fact I've spent the last 10 minutes observing his relaxing pose. To me your crop allows just enough of the grasses.

Geoffrey

Steve Kaluski
10-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I think you have really showcased this animal very well with some exceptional images.

For me and again personal taste, I think it's nice, but your previous posts in part have been better, more engaging, perfect clarity, better light and some that convey what 'cats' like to do best, be playful. You have without question, raised the bar with this species and your postings, I have, like others very much enjoyed viewing them all, now is the hard part, to implement your skills with other animals, and for us, to have the please in viewing them, BIG congrats. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Thank you Steve! Am really glad that you all enjoyed viewing them. I shall continue to strive to do my best. For me, the trip has been amazing with some great opportunities and sightings, and am glad everything came together.

Gabriela Plesea
10-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Allow me to also add my congratulations, Sanjeev:cheers:

Although my favourite will always be your previous leopard image, the playful teasing one:)

Keep up the good work and keep delighting us with your frames!

My thoughts in terms of your work lately...what grabbed me most were those images best composed, and which showed a great deal of expression and emotion. There is true magic when exposure, composition, lighting, and emotion come together. And yes, your PP work was often the icing on the cake - superb progress my friend! Story telling is important, and it does not always have to be 3 to 5 images, one can do it with just one frame. It's all about depth and meaning, about the power to captivate. A great number of your posts this month were truly unique, and we all crave those kind of images because they depict rare moments. My favourite image (The "South Paw") has all those elements I mentioned above and more: a certain kind of joy, or happiness attached to it, lots of character, and maybe something else I cannot quite describe and which sets it apart from all your previous frames, let us call it the "X" factor:w3

Warmest regards,

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Dear Gabriela, thanks so much for your kind words. It has been quiet a thrill capturing those unique moments of this gorgeous animal and it was Kind of God sent, he was so active, playful (like Steve said, exactly what cats love to do) and he gave some unbelievable opportunities and poses. He was so relaxed, the entire delta was like his playground or hunting ground! He moved with impunity, no fear of humans. And yes the light at OD was gorgeous, no dust, no haze just sweet light in morn and eve. Was a joy shooting there. I always love your feedback and look forward to more. Cheers. :cheers:

Dvir Barkay
10-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Beautiful animal. The eye contact is fantastic. I agree that the paws and maybe grass is a little distracting.

Andre Pretorius
10-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Love the Cat, his pose, his karma...

Like your emotions and joy capturing these images showcasing his splendour and presence..