PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Hyena

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-14-2015, 08:24 AM
A hyena at OD, Bots. Cropped a bit from above and left, no more space below.
1/640
f/7.1
ISO 400
7D II
164mm

Jonathan Ashton
10-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Sanjeev if you wanted to you could increase the canvas size and fill in using Content Aware - provided you don't add too much the grasses will not appear stretched.
The lighting on the hyaena is goo revealing lots of detail, also there is good eye contact. It may be the time of day but I get the impression there is just a little to much yellow in the image?

Rachel Hollander
10-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Hi Sanjeev - I am ok with the placement in frame. Yes, a little more below would take it up a notch. The look towards camera is great though the pose appears slightly awkward (nothing you could do about it). I agree with Jon about the yellows. It looks like the light may have actually been harsh and that you recovered highlights on the chest and far side of the face but I could be off base.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- It appears the light of harsh and you managed more or less nicely . to me the IQ doesn't look upto the mark, the face appears a bit murky to me and too much of yellows other wise a nice and simple image .
TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

You did quite well here, given the lighting conditions.

Those big brown eyes are beautiful. I like the pose from this hyena, it tells a lot about the "moment". She or he stopped in its tracks to check the surroundings and the pose tells a lot about the subject's mood, or concern - note the back side, kind of pulled-in, and the "absence" of tail. IMO this is a very interesting behaviour frame.

I like the comp but I cannot quite describe what bothers me about this image in terms of colours, it might have something to do with processing. The hyena is not the cleanest character in the bush so I do not expect the whites on the chest to be "white", but the colours overall just don't look right to me. I would try go back to the original and reprocess, this is very special and worth the time IMO.

Kind regards,