PDA

View Full Version : It is itchy in my fur

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Hi all this little Antarctic Fur seal was busy to get rid of his itches by biting himself for a short time .Then he went on with his way along the beach of Salisbury Plain on South Georgia .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Tripod and Fluid Head

F 5,6 ; ISO 1000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp to 70 % of FF

Thanks for watching and commenting to my latest posting .

Cheers Andreas

Mike Poole
10-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Great shooting angle Andreas, looks like he's keeping half an eye on you as he goes about his preening. Usual high tech standards, and I really like the added BG interest with all the rocks and pebbles

Mike

Rachel Hollander
10-13-2015, 09:25 PM
Hi Andreas - This works on all levels for me - cuteness factor, low pov, eye contact, nice tones and dof. You also did a nice job with the sharpening of the wet fur. Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Hi Andreas, a wonderful shot of this little seal, nice details, colours and sharpness. Well composed and nice low angle.

haseeb badar
10-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Hi Andreas -- I definitely agree with the above comments ! Excellent IQ and that settings with pebbles all around makes this a very good image . Loved this image .
TFS !

Jonathan Ashton
10-14-2015, 12:20 PM
I like this - a lot! Such a well composed and clean image and those details are to die for.

Gabriela Plesea
10-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Hello Boetie!

So...at last, you realise, if your subject is super cute you can almost get away with anything... :t3

Just kidding:) He is absolutely adorable, and those eyes...tiny ears... wet fur...A beauty, my Boet!

Well seen, well captured, lovely rich tones to die for...

Wonderful composition, superb pose, good exposure, all works for me. Yes, perhaps he is indeed "itchy in his fur" but this certainly grabs us all, I am "itching" to congratulate you on this capture as well as your thoughtful PP work - well done Boetie, enjoyed this a lot, always hoping for more, and while I am waiting patiently for your next I am wishing you a pleasant evening...

Andreas Liedmann
10-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Thank you so much folks for your kind comments , as always much appreciated :wave:

Cheers Andreas