PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Wren

Gerhard Weldhagen
10-12-2015, 06:12 AM
Got this little male bird a few days ago while waiting for something else to happen! They are small and despite the reach still needed a large crop to fill the frame. Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III, 1/2500, f 8.0, ISO 1000, evaluative, handheld. Comments appreciated.

Bill Dix
10-12-2015, 08:52 AM
A fine shot of this lovely little bird (that I would love to see some day). Stands out nicely against the background. Good detail and exposure. I would be tempted to move the bird a bit to the left. Oh, and maybe some NR on the BG.

Karl Egressy
10-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Nice shot of this great looking bird. I would take off maybe 10 mm from the left and would push the bird up by about the same amount in the frame if possible.

Gabriela Plesea
10-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Hello Gerhard,

What stunning colours on this little bird! Love the pose, perch and HA. The vegetation in the BG creates a lovely effect so quite an arty image IMO.

Very well exposed on those blues, I imagine those shiny feathers pose quite a challenge in bright sunlight but you handled the situation very well, this is sharp and well processed. BG a tad noisy but still acceptable.

Lovely frame and I took great pleasure viewing, will look out for your images in the future, many thanks for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,

William Dickson
10-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Well done here Gerhard. I love the colours and detail on the bird and the BG looks very well indeed. The bird pops so well. Nice one.

Will

Marina Scarr
10-13-2015, 07:18 PM
What a stunning bird and you did a great job on the exposure and feather details. Love that pose. I only wish the bird weren't quite so centered.

Gerhard Weldhagen
10-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments, I will post some more of this little bird later after taking your advice on board.