PDA

View Full Version : Theme Droopy Eyes

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-11-2015, 12:14 AM
A leopard caught in mid-yawn at OD, Bots. Hope this is 'exciting' enough!
1/400
f/7.1
ISO 800
7D II
500 II

Morkel Erasmus
10-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Nice expression here, with pleasing dappled light.
It's a tad tight at the bottom - for the purpose of the theme I might have cropped even tighter, focusing on the details of the face?

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Thanks for your feedback Morkel, here is the RP. WDYT?

haseeb badar
10-11-2015, 05:36 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- This is way way better than your previous posting , especially in terms of image content and yes it definitely is exciting :w3 !! Your RP has given this image a new dimension and feel altogether . Loved it this time .
TFS !

Rachel Hollander
10-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Your rp is much more theme appropriate. I might crop a sliver more from the bottom to make the cut off paw seem more deliberate. Colors and pp look good.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
10-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Been waiting for this, Sanjeev!!!

I take it the previous post was only a tease - well done, you keep me glued to the screen every night, LOL

Despite the sparse light you exposed beautifully, and you got away with slow-ish SS, despite movement from the subject.

I love the RP, it gives you this intimate view of the leopard, IQ is there, good details, I would just follow Rachel's advice regarding crop - it makes perfect sense.

Sanjeev, I am no expert on techs and the others are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but just for safety sake you could have gone up on ISO here. I am extremely pleased for you because this worked out beautifully IMO, but a tad more movement and you would have lost this. Cannot tell you how much I love this capture and the PP work is great, many thanks again for sharing, and Congratulations!

Kind regards,

Andre Pretorius
10-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi Sanjeev

This is what I feel like after a very busy day filled with difficult patients!:t3
The RP is much better, agree with crop suggestions.
Well processed, handled side lighting well.
Good advise from Gabriela, that slow S/S can bite you bad..
Your leopard captures are amazing, you give them the admiration they deserve.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes I shall keep the SS issue in mind. I have gotten away many a times and am quiet pleased with the implementation of the new IS systems in the series II canon lenses and I just love to push them to the limit, that's what we paid for :bg3: But agree that I need to balance SS vs ISO Vs F stop. Am having fun shooting in the field and learning here! Cheers.

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Hi Sanjeev the RP is simply stunning and the IQ holds up so well at this size ....
Well done doc , love the color /tone combo in this frame :cheers:.

TFS Andreas