PDA

View Full Version : Theme Natural Frame

Morkel Erasmus
10-10-2015, 11:55 PM
I might as well post something to the theme...
I will be leaving tonight for London to attend the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year awards. The reason? This image!
It has been awarded as "finalist" (the old "highly commended") in the B&W category. It is also the cover image of this year's coffee table book!

Captured from the hide in Etosha.
I hope you enjoy it!
See you all again next week!

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VR-II @ 200mm
f8.0 | 1/640 SS | ISO-360

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-11-2015, 12:11 AM
Outstanding image Mork! Great content and composition. I love the conversion and DOF here. Superb texture on the eve and the awesome positioning of the Giraffe and Zebras. Its too cool! Well done and good luck, hope you WIN !:cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
10-11-2015, 12:30 AM
Outstanding image Mork! Great content and composition. I love the conversion and DOF here. Superb texture on the eve and the awesome positioning of the Giraffe and Zebras. Its too cool! Well done and good luck, hope you WIN !:cheers:

Thanks Doc!
Can't win though as I'm not a category winner. Just one of the 100 placed images :5

haseeb badar
10-11-2015, 05:30 AM
Hi Morkel -- The competition in which this image has been awarded might influence some of the comments here , but the first thing which came in my mind when i saw this image in the preview list of the contest was that " Wonderful images are created " , this is also a creation of the man behind the camera who we all are very proud of and also privileged to share the same forum .

Would certainly love to here the story behind the making of this image ! wish u all the very best for your future endeavours and have a safe trip to London .
TFS !

Rachel Hollander
10-11-2015, 07:20 AM
Hi Morkel - Congrats again! A very special image and "well framed". Great eye in seeing it. For me, the giraffe takes it to that other level. The conversion works. It is no wonder this is an award winner. Have fun in London.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
10-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Was wondering when you were going to post this, a HUGE congratulations mate, well deserved.

Excellent use of framing on ALL 3 subjects.............coming together perfectly.:cheers:

TFS

Loi Nguyen
10-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Hi Morkel, huge congrats for being selected as finalist. I was just in London, but will have to go back to see the 2015 images. Loi

Gabriela Plesea
10-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Warmest CONGRATULATIONS, Morkel:cheers:

Where can I order my copy of the coffee table book?

Err...Love the framing and composition:t3 great conversion:bg3: tonality...etc etc etc...You already know how much I like this...

Very happy for you, also very proud of you, hope you enjoy the sweet rewards of your work, have fun in London Boetie:cheers:

Warmest regards,

Giovanni Frescura
10-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Congratulatin..very nice shoots and perfect composition and idea !

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Hi Mork man ..... this an awesome frame , well seen and superbly executed :5
Really great piece of work IMHO !!!!
Congrats for this " reward "

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
10-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Thanks a bunch, everybody
:cheers: