10-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Canon 1dx
Canon 70/200 f.2,8 and extender 1,4
iso 500
1/3200
f.7,1

Morkel Erasmus
10-11-2015, 12:49 AM
Lovely pose and light in this one Giovanni.
In terms of image quality this is one of the best you've posted here, well done and that at a high ISO too!
:5

Rachel Hollander
10-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Hi Gio - Love the comp here. I think Morkel misread your ISO and ss because 500 is certainly not a high ISO at all. Btw according to the EXIF your ss was 1/1250 not 1/3200. The dof and sharpness look good. I do feel there's a bit too much contrast and that opening up the midtones just lifts the whole image. I do agree that this is one of your best wildlife images posted here.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Hi Giovanni -- What a lovely pose , certainly a very good image in terms of quality and framing . i like Rachel's RP , looks much better now . I see a bit of halo around its face / head , is it due to the compression ??
TFS !

Giovanni Frescura
10-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Hi Giovanni -- What a lovely pose , certainly a very good image in terms of quality and framing . i like Rachel's RP , looks much better now . I see a bit of halo around its face / head , is it due to the compression ??
TFS !
Yes I saw it but in the original Tiff before compression there isn't
Thanks
For you is it too much yellow ? (I no used ps filter..but if need I could reduce it..

Gabriela Plesea
10-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Hi Gio,

Absolutely loving this - great POV, sweet light, and what a cool pose from the Meerkat! Well composed and the IQ is there:)

Rachel's RP does brings it up a notch and I completely agree with her - this is your best!

Let us have some more, Gio:)

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
10-11-2015, 02:33 PM
@ Giovanni : I am fine with the yellows , as i said the RP has made it even better . lovely image , do post more !

Giovanni Frescura
10-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi Gio,

Absolutely loving this - great POV, sweet light, and what a cool pose from the Meerkat! Well composed and the IQ is there:)

Rachel's RP does brings it up a notch and I completely agree with her - this is your best!

Let us have some more, Gio:)

Kind regards,

Hello Gabriela..thanks for your reply I have more but I prefer no post more than one...)
I am in trouble ; about some other my shoots in the forum people said very nice and where also in the top...but now you said ithis is the best...so the other no so goods?
Off course I joke !
What means POV?

Gabriela Plesea
10-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Gio! You are making superb progress and everyone loves your work and the effort you put in!

Regarding posting, one is as good as one's last image, LOL. Also joking:bg3:

POV is "point of view", in other words the position from which your camera captures a particular scene. In your case, "eye level" here, as in " not from above", and helps us viewers to "connect" better with your subject and "see things" through its perspective. More impact, if you know what I mean. And again -very well done!!!

Have a great week:)

Andre Pretorius
10-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Hey Gio
How about this?

Giovanni Frescura
10-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Hey Gio
How about this?
Hi Andre ..thanks
Me too tried to make less yellow..but I am no sure that it could the best.
The kind of wildlife like stay on the sand and yellow grass so without it oose its right composition...I think
Ciao

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi Giovanni , lovely frame of this suricate .
Like the framing and the pose of the subject .
As colors are subjective i think you are not too far off with the colors .
To me there is one major issue , this image does look over processed to me , like you have used NIK software i.e. Tonal Contrast or other filter from them . It has a somehow HDRish look to me .
I would try a more conservative approach in first place .

TFS Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
10-16-2015, 12:13 AM
Hello Andreas thanks for your reply.
No problem if you would like my raw file offcourse
Gio