PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron

Joseph Przybyla
10-10-2015, 06:34 AM
This is from the same series of my previous post of a Green Heron. Image captured at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm (600mm FFE)
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering +1 EV ISO 560 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post Processed in Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Elements 10, same work on the background as mentioned in my previous post
Cropped for composition and presentation

Gerhard Weldhagen
10-10-2015, 07:03 AM
This one looks good Joe, better than the previous heron shot. Focus is spot on for me.

Karl Egressy
10-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Perch and bird look the same as the previous post, but different pose and different composition. The bird is well positioned in the frame, Joe.

Stu Bowie
10-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Hi Joe, love the fishing/hunting pose here. Excellent DOF, and detail on the Heron, and I like the inclusion of the grasses in the LRC. Comp wise, I felt the placement was a touch too central, and that the BG needed toning down a touch. Here is my version - Ive taken off the LHS, and added canvas to the RHS. I then ran a slight multiply blending mode on the whole image to tone down the 'brightness' .

Ross Taylor
10-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi Joe,

I really like this one. The focus is perfect here, the bird is looking away from the perch, and is in that "patient and attentive" statue-like pose that they assume.

I like Stu's repost too, mainly for the fact that the bird is more to the left.

Thanks for giving us another look at this fellow Joe!

Ross

Raybel Robles
10-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Nice image with a great composition and detials. I do think the pic is just a bit too green, just a tad more warmer could do the trick in my opinion, other than that this is great!

Joseph Przybyla
10-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone for viewing, commenting and suggesting improvements. I am a little late in responding, I was away for a few days.

Stu, thank you for the edit. I can easily make the changes to reflect your thoughts.