PDA

View Full Version : Grazing African Buffalo

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-09-2015, 11:51 PM
An AB merrily grazes away by the banks of Chobe River, Botswana. Shot from a boat with 5D III & 100-400 II at 360mm. The evening light, low angle and layered BG and slight tilt of the head towards us is what I liked here.
1/2500
f/8
ISO 800
Thank you all for the comments on my earlier image. I really appreciated it. Gabriela, will try my best to live up to your expectations :bg3: Not sure if an AB excites the same amount of interest as a Leopard!!

haseeb badar
10-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- It appears as a nice location but this scene does not excite me . Sorry. The light is nice , colors look good and so as the overall processing but the main subject is somewhat not carrying the image . The head is down busy grazing and there is lot of mud on its face and hence the eye is not visible ( obviously no fault of yours ) as a result the impact is missing . TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-10-2015, 02:55 AM
No fault of your either Haseeb, just thought i'd share something different & less exciting !

Gabriela Plesea
10-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

So... I believe we are in for another surprise soon - am I right? Maybe tomorrow, or Monday? You are working on something...This is just an "interlude"?

Your AB is not working for me either, you have raised the bar so high the other day...Don't know if I can ever match that:2eyes2:

No need to tell you what is missing here, you already know...

By the way, I love Buffaloes and in fact I am off to the Reserve tomorrow to look for some...Sadly, we lost 9 rhino last week-end, all in one night. I wish someone would put in me charge of guarding the rhino, I would be ruthless.

Forgive me for being blunt tonight - hope we are still friends?

Warmest regards,

Rachel Hollander
10-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev - there are elements here that work like the comp with the buff's placement in frame, the bit of river in the fg. The problems though such as the head down, the dung on the rhs are what make this "not as exciting." At least imho.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
10-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi Sanjeev for me i do not care about your latest high level posts as a comparison , would not be fair as it is way more difficult to create an interesting buff frame compared to a Leopard frame .......
All does look good to me apart from the buff with its head down .......
I just think this makes it less appealing and interesting .
Though you have nice colors and tones , lovely detail and a layered BG !!!

TFS Andreas