PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Fantasy

Judy Howle
10-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around in a month or so. I was getting about 8 new framed images and 4 new Halloween cards ready to take to the Arts Center for the fall re-do of the gifts gallery. I delivered the last of them this week, yay!

Here is an image I just finished. I photographed some interesting cloud formations last week and decided to made a few of them OOTB since they didn't really have a "center of interest". I used Topaz Adjust twice on this one. the last one was a "night" one. I forget the first one but it turned the clouds pink.

Cheryl Slechta
10-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Hi, Judy, this is a great composition with the diagonal streak of light and the trees framing the image at the bottom and side. I like the color combination too!

Judy Howle
10-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks Cheryl! I also liked it because of the interesting lines of the clouds.

Diane Miller
10-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Bizarre, and very cool! Those clouds look dangerous! I love the swirl shape at the top -- my eye is led up to it and then redirected back down into the frame.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Judy,

Greetings. I like how the tree tops ground the image. I think I'd be worried if I looked up and saw this. ;-) Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Judy Howle
10-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Thanks Diane and Michael! They were actually fluffy white clouds in a deep blue sky in mid-afternoon.

gary ellwein
10-11-2015, 07:31 PM
I agree with the others relative to the framing of the trees and the diagonal line of the clouds. The image reminds me of a forest fire at night.

Dennis Bishop
10-12-2015, 08:43 PM
The color and the trees on the bottom are both interesting features. Although the top and bottom share that deep color, they're quite different -- enough so that I'd be inclined to make this into two images, both with a portion from somewhere near the center.

Judy Howle
10-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks Dennis. I'll probably crop out the top part and post the bottom part later.