PDA

View Full Version : Thurne Wind Pump

David Cowling
10-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Evening light on this iconic windpump. I would have liked to have moved a bit to my right to put the windpump more on the LH third but was constrained by a large sign advertising the local pub!

Panasonic LX100. Handheld.

I/10 sec @ f 8 ISO 200. ACR and PS6

Diane Miller
10-09-2015, 04:47 PM
It works for me where it is -- a lovely image with soft lighting, clean details and a great sky. My only thought would be to add a bit more to the top.

Rachel Hollander
10-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Hi David - My first inclination before reading your intro was that I probably would have placed the windmill more to the left but after reading fully understand the need to avoid the sign. Not a deal breaker at all. I really like the pinkish clouds. Colors and IQ look better here. My only suggestion is that I think it needs a bit of cw rotation.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
10-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Hi David.. I agree with all of the above.. looks a little tight on the top and needs a little CW rotation I think... I also would lighten up the LLC just a little. This shows very interesting mechanics controlling the speed/power of the blades... I have not seen those before.. well done.

DON

dankearl
10-12-2015, 08:37 AM
The windmill makes a cool subject and a very nice sky. Good suggestions by others.

Don Lacy
10-15-2015, 06:31 PM
I like just needs a little more space at the top

Andrew McLachlan
10-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi David...I agree with the previously mentioned suggestions...especially a tad more on top :)