PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Autumn Color

Kerry Perkins
10-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Re-post for the theme, from a couple of years ago. The base image is a camera blur then Topaz Impression. The geese going south for the winter were composited in from another image.

I'm gradually getting back to life after heart surgery two months ago. I am starting a cardiac rehab program next week to help get my body back in shape. At least that's the plan. :c3:

Dennis Bishop
10-08-2015, 06:44 PM
The Impression look combined with your blur is appealing. Both the shape of the tree and the placement and curve of the geese do a nice job of guiding the eye to the Fall colors at the bottom. I wonder if using Impression on the geese would work.

Best of luck on your cardiac rehab. Based only on observation, thank goodness, keeping at it seems to be a key.

Diane Miller
10-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Very nice! And all the best with the rehab! Our bodies can do some pretty amazing repair work, with a little prodding.

Judy Howle
10-09-2015, 06:17 PM
A lovely fall image Kerry. Nice colors and processing. The geese were a good addition. Best of luck with the rehab.

Cheryl Slechta
10-10-2015, 05:54 AM
Hi, Kerry, looks like the Bosque to me:S3: Good luck with the rehab! Being fit enough to go back to the Bosque will be good motivation to keep at it. Diane is right - our bodies have marvelous mechanisms for repair.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Kerry,

Greetings. Ah, Impression on a blur. I wondered how you got the doubly painterly look. Cool. I like the added geese. Thanks for posting. Good luck with the rehab.

Cheers,

-Michael-

gary ellwein
10-11-2015, 07:21 PM
A pleasing combination of color and texture. The small flock of geese is nice touch. It is great to hear you are starting rehab.

Kerry Perkins
10-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I started the rehab class yesterday and was amazed at how much my cardio-vascular function has improved. I was able to work on the stationary bike and the cross-trainer machine and didn't even work up a sweat. Now, if I can just get the pain to go away... :c3:

Anita Bower
10-15-2015, 05:14 AM
This has the feel of a windy day, with only the birds being impervious. The blur and Impressions filter work really well here. I like the results.
I'm glad you are getting back to photography and do hope the rehab program leaves you feeling better. I imagine it will require effort. I trust the pain will eventually go away.

gary ellwein
10-15-2015, 11:34 AM
Glad to hear the rehab went well. A functional heart valve can make a big difference.