PDA

View Full Version : Theme Clash of the Antlers !

haseeb badar
10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone !

Sambar Deer's fighting for supremacy at BOR Tiger Reserve .

SS: 1/500, f /5.6, iso : 800 ( another low ss shot especially for such kind of image , have realised now after participating in this forum )

canon 1D MK IV , canon 300mm f 2.8 IS II with 2 x T.C., Bean Bag.

DPP 4 , CS 5 , Levels , Selective Colour, sharpness , cropped 30 % in total from LHS , RHS , top for comp.

All your C&C's are most welcome.

Steve Kaluski
10-07-2015, 03:05 PM
WOW Haseeb, a big jump from the previous posting :cheers:.

When you are this close and the action kicks off, no choice in the BKG, so I think you did well and perhaps fortunate. Cracking detail and it's really helped having the subjects on the same plane of focus, although some may feel it's a fraction over sharp. Cool POV and great to have the interlocking horns and eyes open, a dangerous time for both deer as they joust and spar.

Any more space below????

Nice one.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
10-07-2015, 07:33 PM
Hi Haseeb - One of your best for me. Great action and detail. Sharpness looks fine to me. Yes, in an ideal world the tree wouldn't be there but it is nature and the action happens wherever. I would prefer a bit more room all around.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Love the interaction here Haseeb. Colours are nice, shares very much spot-on, just a bit more room around would have been nicer.

haseeb badar
10-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Thank you Rachel , Steve and Sanjeev .

There is space on the three sides except at the bottom , will RP a version with some space around .

Andre Pretorius
10-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Hi Haseeb

Stunning detail here!
Lovely tones and good DOF on Deer!
I too would prefer a bit more space around.
The tree is already mentioned, it was there..? I would try and make it less prominent..
It the FG that bothers me, looks over-processed? Did you do any-thing there?
May I suggest you remove the bright sticks at the bottom of image below left (as seen) deer's eye?

Andreas Liedmann
10-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Hi Haseeb wow love this tight antler clash !
I really like the tightness of this frame and the open eyes are great , the Sambars do look not that great in terms of nice fur , not much you could do about this .
The tree is a bit unfortunate , but also nothing you can do .
I like the colors and the overall tones in general , but might boost the mid tones a fraction for more color and tonal depth , but i would use a mask and avoid a general mid tone boost , just the subjects i think will work fine .

I am with Steve regarding looking over sharpened , the very fine short hairs in the fur is a bit over sharp , but the rest of the old fur is more than borderline over sharp . But this could be addressed with no bigger problem if you wish .

I think worth exploring and try a RP , as the image content is quite nice from my POV , Haseeb .

TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
10-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Hello Haseeb:)

This is wonderful, love those clashing horns and expression there from the deers' eyes!

I do like the framing, although I would be happy to see a tad more on the L and R of the image, you did say you have it so I look forward to the RP:)

Wonderful detail on the subjects, the tree/vegetation not too overwhelming and the BG overall looks good. I agree with your self critique regarding SS - obviously you have learnt a great deal and understand what it takes to capture great images, especially when things are happening fast and you have to take quick decisions.
I so look forward to your future images - this particular one has given me tremendous pleasure to view, a very unusual capture and a species I am not that familiar with, great interaction and superb behavioural shot, very well done:cheers:

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
10-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Here is a RP based on your suggestions !
this is now a full frame shot , no crop what so ever. WDYT ?

Geoffrey Montagu
10-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Like everything about this image, Haseeb. Just magnificent.

Geoffrey