PDA

View Full Version : White Moss & Rydal Water, Lake District UK

Jonathan Ashton
10-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Hand held Canon 1DX Canon 24-105 @32mm Auto ISO 200, 1/800 sec f6.3
All C&C welcome!

Don Railton
10-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Lovely scene Jonathon..Great detail. I am assuming you have cropped this, and If so from the bottom, I would have avoided cropping the feet of the tree bottom of frame.. Would have prefered to loose a bit more sky. Also think its a touch dark, but only slightly. Apart from that I do like it alot..

DON

Rachel Hollander
10-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Hi Jon - Lots to look at and enjoy here. Don has made excellent suggestions.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
10-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Don & Rachel thanks for the feedback, maybe the original full frame image is better:-

Andrew McLachlan
10-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi Jonathon, a nice scene with lovely rolling terrain...being able to see the bases of the foreground trees is a big help and good call by Don...from your vantage point could you have moved a little more forward to eliminate the rocks in the lower left? I would go with the repost and either clone out or use quick masks to evict the rocks in the lower left if it were mine.

Don Railton
10-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Hi Jonathon, I do prefer this version, and agree with Andrew the rocks should go..

Morkel Erasmus
10-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Pleasant scene - I do like your reposted composition more Jonathan.
I'd add a hint more midtone/tonal contrast?

David Cowling
10-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Hello Jonathan. Nice image and the RP is a lot better. The image is more balanced, I might have cropped in a tad from the right to about where the stick is but eliminating it. I am ok with the rocks on the left as they lead the eye into the frame but a little more of them would have been better. Agree to a bit of midtone contrast.

Jonathan Ashton
10-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Thanks very much everyone I appreciate your comments and feedback. I am a bit of a newbe at landscapes so do you have any particular preferences for adjusting mid tone contrast - please feel free to comment or alternatively adjust the image or I can send the tif if you prefer. I have a few more files to post of a different location but I think I can anticipate your comments based upon this submission.
I think I am trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear really as the light has not been very kind for any landscape shots so far!