PDA

View Full Version : Holga Bicycle

Cheryl Slechta
10-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Hi, folks, sorry I've been absent but I was having major renovations done to my house and have been without a computer for the last week. I'll be gone until Friday on a quick trip to the beach with my sister who's here visiting and my other brother and sister. Then I'll play catch up again while Nancy is gone.

This is another Holga image that was taken on my last trip to Italy. My workflow for those who have missed it is to have the film developed, put the negative on my Lightpad, shoot it with the Canon 5DMark III and 100mm macro, invert in CC2015 and then tweak it with Nik Silver Efex Pro. The vignetting, blurs, etc. are a product of the Holga not the processing.

gary ellwein
10-05-2015, 10:32 PM
This has a marvelous vintage look. The composition carries one's eye nicely through the image. It is good to have you back.

Dennis Bishop
10-06-2015, 10:08 AM
I very much like what the Holga did at the edges. It's a bit puzzling that it isn't consistent from image-to-image (after looking at your previous one), but that is probably part of the fun. The wall on the left does a nice job of emphasizing the narrow street. Gary is right about the composition guiding the eye; it really works well.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Cheryl,

Greetings. A contemporary old photo? A SOOC old photo? A photo of an old photo? Oh, it's a Holga! ;-) Strange magic in these cameras (in your hands). I like the look. The focus pattern with the seeming infinite dof in the middle almost top to bottom is similar to a tilt-shift tilted side to side. Maybe the magic is an off-kilter film plane. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Diane Miller
10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Excellent -- I love the look of this! You do these so well, and have found a great alternative to a film scanner.

Judy Howle
10-09-2015, 06:27 PM
This is beyond cool, Cheryl! There is a very appealing "look" to the Holga images. Nice work and an interesting technique for digitizing them.

Anita Bower
10-15-2015, 05:44 AM
I like this very much! Excellent work. Wouldn't change a thing. All your work was worth it!

Hazel Grant
10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
yes to the above. Excellent that you invented a "new" way of dealing with film. Thanks for this.