PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo- Elephant Style (BW)

Douglas Bolt
10-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks all for the helpful suggestions on the color ver of this image. I had tried earlier to make a BW ver, but was never satisfied. Your suggestions helped me to make a ver that I like better than my earlier attempts. I think I'll print the BW ver (after reducing the crop on the RS and BS as suggested by Morkel), but I still like the color ver.

The attached ver started with the PSD file of color ver and was converted to BW with SEP with some tweaking. Also added was a little "fog" with Photokit and lower contrast with CC to the elephants in the background.

haseeb badar
10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi Doug -- I like this one better ! nice conversion and the dust is certainly more visible and effective in this version .Enjoyed viewing this image . TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Hello Doug!

I like this too, although I prefer the original post more.

I am still learning about conversions so not qualified to pass a critique really, let us see what the other say:)

Glad to see you put so much time and effort into your images - I will certainly follow your future posts in this forum!

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
10-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Hi Doug - The conversion works though I might back off on the percentage of sepia. I'm curious as to why the fog?

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-07-2015, 07:03 AM
the conversion works for me Doug, accentuates the dust trail
I would tone down sepia a tad as mentioned above, and would like to see a version without the "fog"?

Douglas Bolt
10-07-2015, 03:54 PM
PKSharpener calls the adjustment fog. What if I call it dust? There was a lot of dust around. The fog adjustment over the big elephant in the background seemed to me to make it less dominant in the scene.
I've attached a ver with SEP Sepia set at 19 instead of 20 and I reduced the gain on the paper setting. And, the "fog" layer was turned off. The Quality setting is 48 to keep the filesize below 200K. Better?