PDA

View Full Version : Haystack Rock Milky Way Rise

dankearl
10-04-2015, 03:30 PM
20mm, f1.8, 20 sec., iso800, D610
Single Frame Exposure
PP in ACR, CS6, NX2

Taken last night on a rare cloudless night on the Oregon Coast.

610_5921bpn.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155895&stc=1&d=1443990521)

Morkel Erasmus
10-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Nice one Dan. I like how the last vestige of sunset is evident on the RHS, the stars and milky way hovering over the centre and some ambient light (nearby settlements?) coming in on the left.
On the whole I might tone down overall brightness by about 5% and shave a wee bit off the bottom?

Andrew McLachlan
10-04-2015, 07:51 PM
This is quite nice Dan with good suggestions by Morkel...thanks for sharing :)

David Cowling
10-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Good reflections and lovely light from the long past setting sun. It's amazing how long the colours linger after the sun has set. Great capture of the milky way. Agree with shaving a touch from the bottom. Thanks for sharing a great view.

gail bisson
10-05-2015, 06:21 PM
This is wonderful Dan.
Love everything about it.
I find the white bright star reflections in the water a bit distracting and if this (great image) was mine I would clone them out. And if you didn't want to clone anything out you could crop up a bit from the bottom to get rid of the one in the RHC whish is the one that catches my eye the most!
Again, this is purely an aesthetic critique "cause I don't know nothin' ('bout birthin' no babies Miss Scarlett:t3) about landscape photography,
Gail

Rachel Hollander
10-07-2015, 07:26 AM
Hi Dan - This works very well. I also like the sunset colors and think they add a great deal to the image. I agree with the suggestion to crop some from the bottom. I also find the reflected stars a bit distracting. I also think cropping a bit from the bottom makes it more deliberate that the whole rock reflection is not included. As is with only a small amount missing, I find myself wishing the whole reflection was there.

TFS,
Rachel