PDA

View Full Version : Theme Pachyderm

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Hi All,
Starting off this months theme with this close up of an elephant showcasing the hide and tusks in some sweet golden morning light.
1/640
f/8
ISO 800
7D II
400mm

haseeb badar
10-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- lovely light ,nice details and framing !

The tusks look real sharp and a very good choice of Dof . The only glitch i feel is the tree behind the tusk but nothing u could have done except u managed to click few shots when the Ele moved a bit in front . TFS !

Rachel Hollander
10-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice simple portrait with good detail and sharpness. Sweet light. Btw did you perhaps post this one before?

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks Haseeb and Rachel. Rachel, I have not posted this frame earlier. Had posted one similar but wider shot from this sequence. Hence the familiarity I guess :-)

Andreas Liedmann
10-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Hi Sanjeev well another nice frame in some stunning light with very nice detail and colors .
I am fine with the crop as is , i would just boost the mid tones to some degree in the subject for a bit more tonal depth , in this case i would use the blue channel as mask and pull the mid point in curves down by 5 % .

Nice work Sanjeev , TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
10-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Hello Sanjeev,

Superb light, wonderful detail, lovely textures and colours and such a well framed image.

Would love to see you try Andreas's suggestion and how it enhances this further, if you have time to RP.

Just lovely, it's all in the light my friend, keep chasing the good light:cheers:

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
10-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Hi Sanjeev, well done in kicking off this months theme, perhaps it may stir some of those continued 'lurkers', be great to see some new, or old faces :S3:.

A couple frames later Sanjeev and the tree would have been eliminated, but like Haseeb's comment, it does catch my eye too. Cracking detail and lovely light, the Blue channel may help in this instance as per Andreas suggestion, but normally it carries more noise because of it's contrast.

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
10-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Nice contrast, light and detail here. Those tusks look lethal here :)
I wish the eye was more open - and I would open up midtones some more as has been mentioned.
You could just burn the highlights on the tree some more to make it catch the eye less?

Andre Pretorius
10-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Sanjeev

Looked at this image long before I read the other comments.
What draws the eye first are those magnificent tusks, with the sweet light!

I too wished for more eye, but he didn't want to look into the sun:2eyes2:

Would like some more midtone contrast above the tusks, the trunk/tusks have enough, but the rest of body could do with more. Have you tried a D&B layer?

And yes, I would burn that tree or paint it with soft light @ low opacity.