PDA

View Full Version : Lechwe-scape

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Hi All,
Hee is an animal scape fro OD, Botswana. The two playful lechwe seemed to spar with their horns one moment and then kinda make up the next! Hope you like it.
1/800
f/8
ISO 800
7D II
100-400 II @ 158mm

Douglas Bolt
10-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Sanjeev,

I do like it. Good color and interesting action. Have you tried cropping some from the left hand side of the image. As is, the action seems a bit too centered. If it were mine (and i do), I might try reducing the contrast and/or clarity a bit, especially on the background.

haseeb badar
10-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- lovely light and nice interaction . As far as composition is concerned i would have tried a vertical comp by cropping from both left and right side, also a slight midtone boost will add some punch to it . TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Another species to add to your already very rich collection, and I bet you have quite of number of frames from this sighting:) Pleasing environment and colours and some nice interaction from the two lechwe sizing each other up.

To make things more confusing, LOL - I would suggest you try take off some from the top, just below your name: it's not the pano look I am looking for really, I would just like less sky and more greens at the top of the image, so that my eyes could slide down to the lechwe more easily - WDYT?

Another wonderful capture and I enjoyed viewing, thank you Sanjeev:w3

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
10-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Hi Sanjeev - nice to see something a bit different. Techs looks good. I like Gabriela's crop. If it were mine I would drop the yellows about -10 in HSL layer. It looks like the light was nice but for me there's too much yellow in the greens of the trees and the whites of the lechwe.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
10-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Lovely moment and light in a typical Okavango setting.
Gabriela's crop was exactly what I had in mind after first viewing the image.
Good suggestion by Rachel on the yellows...

Steve Kaluski
10-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Hi Sanjeev, sparring bucks, nice to see.

Regarding the overall comp (and subject to what is below) I would just simply move the whole crop down to the top trim of Gabriela's RP, this hopefully would provide a better, cleaner and more solid trim edge so you 'sandwich' the subjects. It just looks a bit messy with the tapering grass and waters edge. Also I might have gone to f/5.6 based on the distance and so you would also get a more compressed BKG, but not as good as a fixed lens like the 500. The central placement works, I doubt being off centre would add anything more. Purely from an ethetical look, I would blend/clone out the dead branch on the left of the bucks rear as it would provide a 'cleaner' look without being clinical.

TFS
Steve