PDA

View Full Version : Theme Cat Eyes!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Here is one last image for the theme. I was so happy with the sightings that I got at OD, Bots that I shot to my hearts content. Some of our friends (who are not too much into photography & beginners of safari experience) were getting bored of repeated leopard sightings in the 3 days we were there. But I knew how precious and uncommon those sightings were and made sure we went back again and again to try and get the best possible position, angle, lighting etc. Here is a portrait for you all, the poise, the eyes were really nice. There was a vehicle in the BG but managed to keep it OOF. Hope it doesn't distract much. I am thankful to the Shinde Camp Guide (Aubrey) for making these special and all of you to critique and help me improve.
Cheers,
Sanjeev

1/250
f/6.3
ISO 800
7D II & 500 II (Hand Held)

Rachel Hollander
10-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Another very nice leopard portrait. Great eye contact. Dof and detail look good. The oof vehicle and the branch coming in from the right are unfortunate but not deal breakers for me.

TFS,
Rachel

Douglas Bolt
10-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Yes, the eyes have it.

Gabriela Plesea
10-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

I gather you have enough leopard images to last you for years! The opportunities were there and you made the most of each and one of them, I am so impressed with the quality of your frames and really happy with your recent PP work overall.

Every photographer knows the conditions are rarely perfect at a sighting, we all try and grab what we can and quick thinking only comes with practice and experience - I truly believe you've reached another level in terms of your photography and I am enjoying your images tremendously, be it leopards or elephants, etc.
Great thinking here, and nice compromise in terms of DOF, very pleasing detail on the subject and I really could not tell that was a vehicle in the BG if it wasn't for your explanation - well done my friend:cheers:

Kind regards,

Steve Kaluski
10-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I like this more than the previous one and it appears your guide did well and got you into the best position, well within reason. When Guides are good and understand where they need to be for you, to get the right shot without stressing the animals, then they deserve the gratuity as both you and they are happy.

I think I prefer the BKG colours in this one, but as Rachel mention the branch is a little distracting, not ideal, nothing you could have done about it sadly. Would have liked a bit more SS. Looks quite a young Leopard and here you have more 'tonal value' in the body/head which has help provide form & structure. As it appears the leopard was quite happy and content in staying where it was, then I might have reversed back so the tree was less of an issue, but I'm second guessing without being there.

I am thankful to the Shinde Camp Guide (Aubrey) for making these special and all of you to critique and help me improve.

Your doing all the hard work Sanjeev, all we can do is suggest :S3:.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
10-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi Sanjeev -- This is a very good Leopard image, excellent colours and and nicely framed , the details good and sharpness is perfect . Thanks for sharing all those wonderful leopard images .

Marc Mol
10-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Love the attentive pose on this young one Sanjeev, small issues aren't a bother for me either.

Some of our friends (who are not too much into photography & beginners of safari experience) were getting bored of repeated leopard sightings in the 3 days we were there. But I knew how precious and uncommon those sightings were and made sure we went back again and again to try and get the best possible position, angle, lighting etc

Sometimes people just don't realise the value of these sightings........."bored" is not a word that has ever come into my vocabulary whist on safari. I gather you also share my view. :bg3: